WCA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

WCA

Options
Minnie18
Minnie18 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
Hi everyone 😊
I had my face-to-face work capability assessment today - such a relief to get it over with! I feel it went well and after 40 mins she said she didn't need to do a physical assessment as she had all she needed which I'm hoping is a good sign. 
I was just wondering though about the fact that I mentioned that I am still managing to work 12 hours a week. Will this harm my chances of getting LCWRA? I feel I meet the criteria for LCWRA on my mobility.
Thank you 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,397 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There's lots of people that work while claiming LCWRA. I'm afraid i can't tell you if the work you do would contradict anything because i don't know anything about your health conditions and how they affect you.

Once the report is returned a decision can take up to 12 weeks but many people have a decision before that.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Minnie18
    Minnie18 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
    Options
    Thanks for your reply, Poppy, and sorry I didn't give enough detail.
    I work as a maths and English tutor and don't think it would contradict anything else I said. I have osteoarthritis in my back, hips, knees and hands. I was just wondering if the very fact I am doing any work would preclude me from getting LCWRA. I didn't realise that many people still work whilst getting this so hopefully it won't. Xx

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.