Future Payment and leveling up. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Future Payment and leveling up.

Options
onebigvoice
onebigvoice Scope Member Posts: 757 Pioneering
I just thought about the rise in pensions and the "fight" to get a living pension the same as when it was conceived, and the way after 12 years we had our first Pension rise of 10.1%.  How does this equate to the rises given to MP's every year and the expenses row last year and the year before where the "Gold card" allows MP's when logging on each day to get up to £500 a day that they don't have to pay back?  One saying that the £300 then was not sufficient as a daily amount?
  This is a pension rise that should equate to the cost of living.
  To put this into context.  What about this:
  Each year the DWP gives a one-off tax-free Christmas Bonus to people before Christmas.  You even have to have qualifying benefits and be in receipt of certain benefits.
  The last time this was increased was 1971!
 using the Bank of England inflation calculator used to give MPs their rise, £10 in 1972 would now be worth as much as £163 in 2023.

These same MPs are the same MPs that have decided recently "Do we need a Disability Minister to look after our needs?  Maybe the rationale behind this is they are doing such a good job of sorting things out that we don't need one.

After realizing that it had not increased in half a century, Shona McMahon decided to start a petition, which has since attracted more than 5,500 signatures.

Why has it taken 51 YEARS to realise that this and previous governments are really not doing such a good job after all?

Every where you look people are struggling to survive, this government thinks that food banks have become part of the benefits system.  Have you seen the PM fixing the cause?  Have you seen the PM fixing funding for these Charities?

I saw the other day on television an ad for Mental Health Care, where they are asking for a contribution of £23 to allow ONE HOUR OF CARE TO BE GIVEN TO THOSE THAT ARE NOT GETTING THE CARE THEY DESERVE.

So why is this government not helping those who already need Mental health care?

I have heard all sorts of Figures being bandied about but none that start NOW.  It's all in the future.

The Doctors' strike could be everted, and they and others on strike could have the same conclusion, bring back all subcontract work to outsourced companies like assessment back into the NHS.  If these companies are making money it does not go back to the NHS it goes to France, the United States, and Germany to name 3, under ATOS, Maximus, Capita, Capita-PIP, and Concentrix.

The cost of this to the government would be horrendous since most of the companies used by the government have silent partners within the government.

When ATOS took over it was to free Doctors and Nurses to do meaningful work and allow them not to be bogged down writing reports, but when you go to a hospital and you are examined the same report is placed into YOUR MEDICAL HISTORY, you do not get further treatment or medication based on that report.

When you apply for benefits what report is sent to the DWP and their Decision |Makers?  THE SAME REPORT, where a decision Maker decides whether to allow the claim or not.  If you do not wish the DWP to be involved with this, then rehire the people within the NHS to do the same jobs they were doing then.  THEY WOULD BE APPLICABLE TO THE NHS AND THE MEDICAL BOARD under the Duty of Care Act that covers Patients, since we are not patients of the Assessment Company as they do not give Medical Examinations and their report is not entered into your medical History. 

Who wants to GOOGLE how many assessments were completed by these assessment companies, then multiply it by a minimum of £850 per assessment?  These assessment companies must be making money otherwise they still would not be assessing.

Remember ATOS bought out of their £850 Million a YEAR contract because they wanted to protect their worker from the verbal abuse they were receiving?  It wasn't because of all the reworks and errors on the reports they were writing that bore no resemblance to the claimant that was sitting in front of them.  Or the cost of rework and court appearances on top of sending a DWP decision Maker to state the case for the DWP.

I've had my moan, but when looking at it, where is the Chief Medical Officer in London or in your area who is making sure that the reports written about claiments are correct.  Get the NHS to do NHS work.  Contractors are a supliment to the NHS not an instead of.

Comments

• onebigvoice
    Options
    As a continuation of this and being Christmas, I looked at a site called TotalJobs.  This site provides the latest jobs available in your area.  Whether its Part Time, Full-time, working from home, or out of your area use your CV to apply for jobs.
      Before I go any further I must say I am not here to Chastise in any way this company or others that provide this service which anyone can use if you are looking for work and want to earn some extra cash.

That said, mine is an observation about jobs available and why "Junior Doctors" "Nurses" and Physio Therapists, are leaving.  The availability of jobs especially in those areas and the wages being offered are more than the NHS and government are offering.  So with all these jobs on offer if these Skilled people decide enough is enough and quit the NHS to go "privately hired" by what's on offer. Where will they be placed?
      The government must realise that being able to earn a living wage comes first.  I have seen some junior Nurses I know, now working in TESCO on the tills.  The hours are to suit, they can have more hours to claim Tax Credits and they can still spend more time at home with the kids without any pressure from work.
      Is this government so stupid that the drain of SKILLED people cannot be replaced by CONTRACTORS while those jobs are on strike?
      All I can see is that they want to drive as many people out of the NHS and replace them with CONTRACTUAL STAFF.
      So from a Union Point of view:  1.  All contractual Staff should be already on reduced hours or be stopped and any, "filling in" of hours or people come from within the department first.
    (This is because these jobs belong to the NHS and Contractual staff are like seasonal work if more are required to help then it comes from the SAME NHS Budget, not a separate budget set up to pay contractual staff only)
      2.  This means ANYONE not directly employed by the NHS, is the first to have Number 1 applied.
      3.  That people who work within the department as contractors do not get more than the wage paid by the NHS.  This goes against CONDOUR.

The professional duty of Candour is a crucial ethical responsibility for all healthcare professionals. Here are the key points:

Remember, the duty of candour emphasizes avoiding cover-ups rather than punishing those responsible. Honesty is the foundation of quality care.   

Candour also states that as a Third Party Contracctor thery must adhere tyo the Main Contractors Agreements.  (Not have to be told not to do something or omit something they know should have been added and the consequesces of their actions.)
      The contract can be disolved without notice and all issues caused by their omission will be rectified by the contract company at no extra cost.
      It also leaves the Contract company open to legal costs in making sure that ALL rreports are of a standard expected from the main contract holders.  In this case the NHS NOT THE GOVERNMENT. 
      I cannot understand how the government is getting value for money when the assessment figures and costing of each assessment must be way beyond what they were paying the NHS to do the same jobs?
      BUPA, Welsh Hospitals and others are all "bolt on to the NHS" where patients are sent as an overspill to the main stream patients, this can also be said of Care Homes where patients are released in to Care Homes and their own homes to release beds for other patients.

What I see, is private care being used to get a contract to help a patient get care now, and then apply to the NHS to "Bump off" or should I say move off some one who is on the list to take priority, even though they may have been on that list for some time.

Why are we still awiting 20 week for an assessment or 20 weeks to answer something that before the pandemic was within days?   Everyone blames the pandemic for every thing.  We have been out of the pandemic for HOW LONG?  and all I see is patient lists for assessment and treatment getting longer which to me says the contractual assessment system is not working since in asking for a Attendence Allowance Form to be sent in Feb 2023, and three further requests abnd receive nothing I down loaded a copy and sent that off, 7 weeks ago, not even an acknolegement of receipt sent registered post. 

Give us back our NHS.    
  • onebigvoice
    Options
    As a continuation of this and being Christmas, I looked at a site called TotalJobs.  This site provides the latest jobs available in your area.  Whether it's Part Time, Full-time, working from home, or out of your area use your CV to apply for jobs.
      Before I go any further I must say I am not here to Chastise in any way this company or others that provide this service which anyone can use if you are looking for work and want to earn some extra cash.

That said, mine is an observation about jobs available and why "Junior Doctors" "Nurses" and Physio Therapists, are leaving.  The availability of jobs especially in those areas and the wages being offered are more than the NHS and the government are offering to pay those staff directly employed by the NHS. 
     So with all these jobs on offer if these Skilled people decide enough is enough and quit the NHS to go "privately hired" by what's on offer. Where will they be placed?
      The government must realise that being able to earn a living wage comes first.  I have seen some junior Nurses I know working in TESCO on the tills.  The hours are to suit, they can have more hours to claim Tax Credits and still spend more time at home with the kids without any pressure from work.
      Is this government so stupid that CONTRACTORS cannot replace the drain of SKILLED people while those jobs and people are on strike?
      All I can see is that they want to drive as many people out of the NHS and replace them with CONTRACTUAL STAFF.
      So from a Union Point of view:  1.  All contractual Staff should be already on reduced hours or be stopped and any, "filling in" of hours or people come from within the department first.
    (This is because these jobs belong to the NHS and Contractual staff are like seasonal work, if more are required to help, then it comes from the SAME NHS Budget, not a separate budget set up to pay contractual staff only)
      2.  This means ANYONE not directly employed by the NHS, is the first to have Number 1 applied.
      3.  Those working within the department as contractors do not get more than the wage paid by the NHS.  This goes against CONDOR   
    4.  This also goes against contractual wages of people who are directly employed, as there is no security in their job, where hours and terms of the contract can and are changed "Mid-Term"
     5.   Let employees understand that joining the Union is not just about money, but security, knowing that the standards at work are kept at a level where safety in work is paramount not an afterthought, and that employers are working together to build a better future not only for the company but for Britain.
    6.  If negotiations are not resumed and the government states that what is all on offer is all we can afford, explain how changing contractual hours and getting people to work longer hours for the same wage is safe.
    7.  Many years ago when I was a Shop Steward we were negotiating a 35 HOUR WEEK.  How are safety Standards being increased by making Doctors do Out-of-hours calls on top of the workload imposed by the surgery they run?
      Can anyone explain how many hours a week a Doctor, Nurse or Junior Doctor works among others compared to Contractual Staff hours, when I was hiring contractual staff they were only allowed a certain amount of hours a week, because if the hours given out to contract was regularly and the contract was more than 10 weeks ( This set by Employer or main contract holder.) this job could be offered internally for those that wanted to increase their skill level.  If the employee was successful the contractor would then fill the job.  This then keeps the skills level within the business at a top level expected by the Employer.  This also shows commitment to their employees as long term where together the business thrives. 
  • ShonaM72
    ShonaM72 Community member Posts: 9 Connected
    Options
    Very well said! It’s scary seeing how chaotic it all is, with no real hope of things improving. Very
    sad. 😔 
    Thank you for the comments on my petition, we just surpassed 10k signatures today! 👏😁
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,125 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    In part I can appreciate where you're coming from. As a physio student many years ago, I heard a dinner lady in the canteen discussing her wages; I was surprised to hear she was earning more than I'd do when once qualified. My choice however had been that I wanted to be a physio, & I was aware what my future wages would be beforehand.
    Perhaps not as bad as Junior Drs, but I went through some very long hours once qualified.... once I worked all day Friday, on call that night; the same for Saturday & Sunday, then supposed to be working all day again on Monday. I knew I was unsafe to treat anyone Monday morning, & was allowed an hour to rest in a room
  • onebigvoice
    Options
    Thank you for all the comments so far, as I am sure there will be lots more.
      From what I have see its not always about the money ( Me included) its about wanting to make a difference.  Enjoying what you do, as this then is not a job.  But alas in this world money allows you to live, and titles with big bucks also are what some want until asked to do what they are supposed to do and they realise they are qualified but have no hands on experience.
      This post office lark is abismal. If the Crown Prosecution had taken hundreds of post office workers to court then they know who they have fined.  So how hard after they now found out that they were wrong does it take to fix their issue.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.