DWP Assessment Rule Change means people on PIP could get £5000 back pay — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP Assessment Rule Change means people on PIP could get £5000 back pay

Options
happyfella
happyfella Community member Posts: 489 Pioneering
Does anyone know anything about this. My friend sent me an article about the above, but to be honest the article is not great. I am just wondering if anyone has contacted DWP over this and if you were turned down for DWP and then given DWP after applying again if you are affected by this.

When I first applied for PIP I got 0 points. To cut a story short there were lots of lies on the report and it led to my MP getting involved and then there were two seperate investigations

The investigations which took place, one independent and one by the DWP found that the assessor lied. However, I was told that the points would not be changed and I would have to appeal even though they knew the report was not right.

I was told to appeal but then my advisor said this could take more than a year and it would be quicker to re-apply. I re-applied and sailed through and got full PIP for both.

So, because I do not know about the above rule change I am just wondering if this is something they are talking about.

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.