Text from PIP, any idea if I will still have a telephone assessment? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Text from PIP, any idea if I will still have a telephone assessment?

Options
BJC
BJC Community member Posts: 23 Connected
edited December 2023 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I applied for pip 3 November 23, have really not had very much response until today yes got a text Christmas day, A Health Professional is looking at your PIP claim. They will contact you with an appointment if they need to. You only need to contact us if your circumstances change. I have been waiting for the telephone assessment appointment, any idea if I will have to still have a telephone assessment, 
Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Bjc

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,724 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Most people have assessments so you should expect one of those. They are mostly by telephone. Some are face to face and video. If one is needed and you prefer telephone you can request this. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • BJC
    Options
    My assessment is tomorrow at 11:45am from the number of texts I've received today to remind me, I forgot to copy the pip application does this matter, just hoping I can give the correct information as really don't want to mess it up now I've got this far.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,731 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    All you need to do is answer the questions with detail and honestly, if its a mobile make sure its fully charged as assessments can last anything upto 90 minutes, it helps if you have copied the application but isn't essential.
    Good luck and let us know how it goes.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• BJC
    Options
    @woodbine, thank you for your response, appreciate it and will update on here when it's completed tomorrow.
  • BJC
    Options
    @woodbine, thank you for your response, appreciate it and will update on here when it's completed tomorrow.
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Community member Posts: 575 Pioneering
    edited January 10
    Options
    Good luck for assessment today @BJC. Don’t just give yes or no answers, give details. Take your time too.
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,439 Scope online community team
    Options
    Best of luck for your assessment @BJC let us know how you get on. :) 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • BJC
    Options
    I completed the Capita assessment yesterday, two hours of questions and answers, she did give me time to reply and didn't rush me even when I had to refer to some notes I had made as I forgot to copy the report, I expected to receive a text message today but have received nothing so far, the lady said it could be another six to twelve weeks before I get a decision, I was hoping to get a text so I could request a copy of the report just to check what's been written, question does the assessor mark down points as well as the comments, 
    Thanks for the support 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    BJC said:
    I completed the Capita assessment yesterday, two hours of questions and answers, she did give me time to reply and didn't rush me even when I had to refer to some notes I had made as I forgot to copy the report, I expected to receive a text message today but have received nothing so far, the lady said it could be another six to twelve weeks before I get a decision, I was hoping to get a text so I could request a copy of the report just to check what's been written, question does the assessor mark down points as well as the comments, 
    Thanks for the support 

They don't always return it back to DWP on the same day of the assessment. Sometimes it take a little longer. If it's chosen for audit it can take even longer. Having said that, they don't always send a text once it's returned either.

The assessor will write the report, which will contain their opinion based on everything you said in the form you returned, as well as any additional evidence and what you said during the assessment.

They will put recommendations in the report of what they think is the appropriate descriptor by putting either a dot or a tick next to the activities. At the bottom of that, there will be a box for them to type their justification for the reason why they chose that descriptor.

Points are not added in the report because the assessor can't award points. They make recommendations only. Only a decision maker can award the points.

You will need to add up any potentially point recommendations yourself. I find it easier to use the PIP self test for this because you can transfer the dots from the report into the test. At the end it will add up any potential points and tell you what the score is. https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/pip-test-form

Please remember, the report is a recommendation only, whilst they mostly go with it, they have been known to go against it. One last thing to point out, requesting the report isn't always a good idea and does tend to cause a lot more needless anxiety.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • BJC
    Options
    @poppy123456, thank you for the update, after reading your reply I think I will leave asking for the report and just wait for the outcome, otherwise I think I will be putting further pressure on myself when I really shouldn't be as it will not change the final outcome.
  • BJC
    Options
    Does anyone have the contact number to check benefit payments please, it's option 6 that's all I can remember.
    Thanks 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It's the PIP helpline. Please also be aware that the automated payment line has been known to give incorrect information. If this is a new claim and you only had your assessment a couple of days ago then i'd be cery surprised if a decision has been made already. It can take anything up to 12 weeks after the report was returned.

Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

Telephone: 0800 121 4433
    Textphone: 0800 121 4493
    Relay UK (if you cannot hear or speak on the phone): 18001 then 0800 121 4433
    British Sign Language (BSL) video relay service if you’re on a computer - find out how to use the service on mobile or tablet
    Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,731 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If it is a new claim the payment often goes into you bank before you get the decision letter (assuming you get an award)
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• BJC
    Options
    Following on from the call to check from the assessor I have received yet another call for more information, she said hopefully that's all that is needed, I certainly do too as the waiting time is making me very anxious about the outcome now 
  • BJC
    Options
    It's now 10 days since I had my assessment and following this I received two calls from capita assessor to clarify two things, I'm still not sure if the report has been sent back yet as not received any further text from DWP, do I call capita on Monday or just wait, getting quite anxious now for an outcome.
    Thanks Bev 
  • BJC
    Options
    Finally had a text to say that the report is now with DWP and may take up to 8 weeks for a decision, so the wait continues.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Though the 8 weeks could be anything up to 12 weeks.  :#
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,404 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hope the wait isn't too painful @BJC, fingers crossed for you. Keep us updated!
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • BJC
    Options
    What text message will they send me now they have the report as I don't want to telephone them.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You may receive a text saying they haven't yet made a decision and another one to say they have all the information they need to make a decision. You may also receive the same in a letter. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.