Uc message 8am 25 December — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Uc message 8am 25 December

Options
tessjenn
tessjenn Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited December 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
Was just wondering if anyone else had a message from Uc on 25th December 8am
the message was about being reassessed for WCA which i was already aware of 2 months previously 
is it me or does anyone else think this was inappropriate 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,820 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Some people had messages on their journal on Christmas day but it's been suggested that they were automatically generated.

What exactly did the message say?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tessjenn
    Options
    Just as said in post but just thought it was a bit inappropriate 
    if anyone was suffering from anxiety etc 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,065 Scope online community team
    Options
    I couldn't say for certain but I would imagine they are automated as the DWP was closed over Christmas and a lot of messages are automatically generated. 
    I'm sorry if it has caused you uneccessary worry @tessjenn and I hope you were able to have an enjoyable Christmas despite the message.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • tessjenn
    Options
    Thank you for your support just thought it would have been better if any messages would have been at least the 1 January for any body no matter what ailment a person as
    but has usual a person symptoms does not .?
    Sorry if I have come across aggressive I sincerely do not mean to be 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,065 Scope online community team
    Options
    Not at all @tessjenn, I understand what you mean and you certainly don't come across aggressively. 

Community Manager
    Scope
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,820 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    When they are automatically generated i don't think they have control of when the are sent.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Autism_at_40
    Autism_at_40 Community member Posts: 724 Pioneering
    Options
    I think it's inappropriate yes and they shouldn't arrange them to be sent during this period either.
  • WhatThe
    WhatThe Community member, Scope Member Posts: 999 Pioneering
    Options

tessjen,

Wholly inappropriate on Christmas Day, yes!

Reminders are generated 24 hours beforehand and a human sets those journal messages.

I was mildly irritated on Christmas eve by two journal messages wishing me a merry etc but on Christmas Day no, not ok!   

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.