Still no decision from PIP/DWP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Still no decision from PIP/DWP

Options
Pilotsbay777
Pilotsbay777 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi Guys .. Everyday is becoming a drag for me waiting for DWP to make a decision i had my T/A on the 27/11/23. Its been 4 weeks today since my assessment I know the guidelines are 8 to 12 weeks but they text on the 12 /12/23 telling me no decision had been made I then received a letter a week later informing me they had all the info to make a decision then nothing! Does anyone have a similar experience just to put my mind at ease hanging around waiting really does flare up my depressive symptoms. Thank you

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,112 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    These are just standard texts that many of our members have received @Pilotsbay777 - hopefully you'll hear soon, but the holiday period won't have helped. The guidelines are just that unfortunately, & it just depends as to the workload of a decision maker. Often these texts just increase a person's anxiety unnecessarily it seems.
  • lynnr79
    lynnr79 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    Yeah i had sort of the same timeline as yourself telephone assessment on 24 nov letter saying they had all the information on the 13th dec then randomly recieved back money into bank on 22nd Dec,,, called that day to be told i was awarded standard care and enhanced mobilty for 4 years at my first attempt,,,, thanks to everyone on this site..... i never posted anything as i didnt feel the need to as all questions i needed answered were already asked so hopefully not to long of a wait now

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.