UC And Carers Allowance — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

UC And Carers Allowance

Matt1982 Community member Posts: 6 Connected
edited January 1 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi id just like some advice please as I seem unable to find the answer anywhere. We recently received a migration notice to switch to UC from Tax Credits. I understand about that as there is a lot of advice and information everywhere. What I can't find the answer to is that I am a full time carer for our son who is on higher rate DLA. Would our AET be that set to of a couple or, as i have read somewhere else, would it be set as that of a single person as only one of us can earn. She would just fall short of the proposed AET changes for a couple.Thank you


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.