Phone call after wca — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Phone call after wca

Options
Minnie18
Minnie18 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
Hi Everyone, 

I had a face-to-face wca on 21st Dec which I felt went well. Today I received a message on my journal from a dwp decision maker saying he is going to ring me on Thu to 'confirm my health conditions ' and that he would 'like my input' before he makes a decision. 

I am trying to stay positive and think that at least they have not said no outright, but it is really stressing me out. Has anyone else had this happen and still had a positive outcome? 

I tried so hard to make sure I clearly explained how my condition affects me in relation to the descriptors, giving examples from my day to day life. (I have already sent scan and x-ray reports along with hospital letters.) I don't know what else I can say to convince them. 
I honestly just feel like giving up as it is all so stressful.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,824 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sometimes before making a decision on the WCA they will ring you if they have any further questions to ask. It won't be possible to predict anything at this stage. Hopefully, it's a positive outcome for you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.