LCWRA payment date confusion. Help really appreciated — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA payment date confusion. Help really appreciated

Options
belle_sebast
belle_sebast Community member Posts: 9 Listener
edited January 4 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hello, I really need help working out my payment date for LCWRA . My first fitnote was accepted on the 31st of August. I received the letter on the 25th of nov telling me of the award. My assessment period runs from the 1st to the 30th or 31st depending what month it is and I get paid of the 7th of each money. I was hoping it would be paid in with Januarys UC but its not in my payment statement. Will it be Feb? I'm really anxious about this and any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

Comments

• belle_sebast
    Options
    Hello, I really need help working out my payment date for LCWRA . My first fitnote was accepted on the 31st of August. I received the letter on the 25th of nov telling me of the award. My assessment period runs from the 1st to the 30th or 31st depending what month it is and I get paid of the 7th of each money. I was hoping it would be paid in with Januarys UC but its not in my payment statement. Will it be Feb? I'm really anxious about this and any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,548 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hiya @belle_sebast and welcome to the community.  Loving the username, is it related to the band?

Just to let you know, I've moved your post to the Universal Credit category, so more people in the know will be able to see it. Hope that's ok. :)
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,826 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 3
    Options
    Your waiting period will be as follows..providing you continued to send fit notes without any gaps until a decision was made on your WCA. 

1st Sept to 30th Sept
    1st Oct to 31st Oct 
    1st Nov to 30th November 
    LCWRA starts from AP 1st Dec to 31st Dec and first payment will be 7th January. No LCWRA element is owed.

My about advice is assuming you’re not claiming UC with a partner that already receives this element on your claim. 

As it’s not included if there were no gaps in your fit notes you need to put a message onto your journal to ask about this element. Put it under the payment section.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • belle_sebast
    Options
    Your waiting period will be as follows..providing you continued to send fit notes without any gaps until a decision was made on your WCA. 

1st Sept to 30th Sept
    1st Oct to 31st Oct 
    1st Nov to 30th November 
    LCWRA starts from AP 1st Dec to 31st Dec and first payment will be 7th January. No LCWRA element is owed.

My about advice is assuming you’re not claiming UC with a partner that already receives this element on your claim. 

As it’s not included if there were no gaps in your fit notes you need to put a message onto your journal to ask about this element. Put it under the payment section.
    Thank you for the advice although I'm now super worried as it's not on my January statement. I've not had any breaks in fit notes and I'm a single man claiming so if the above calculation is correct then it's missing for some reason. Again thanks for your help hopefully they will update me soon *fingers crossed*
  • belle_sebast
    Options
    Hiya @belle_sebast and welcome to the community.  Loving the username, is it related to the band?

Just to let you know, I've moved your post to the Universal Credit category, so more people in the know will be able to see it. Hope that's ok. :)
    Hi and thank you although I'm now really concerned! hopefully I'll get some clarity from them soon. And yes my username is a reference to the amazing band, we come from the same part of the world!

• belle_sebast
    Options
    I've very quickly received a reply and it's not due to increase until next month for some reason below is their reply - 

You will receive the increase in your current assessment period 01-01 - 31-01. Your statement for this period will be able to view from the 01-02. any assessment period that the 91 day waiting period effects you don't get  the increase for that full assessment period, which is why for yourself it's not until this full assessment period you are due it. 

• poppy123456
    Options
    I can only advise based on the information you give and going by that my calculations are correct and they are wrong. 

Can I ask you to please double check your journal to see exactly what date you provided your first fit note. Not the date on the fit note but the date you provided details of it. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • belle_sebast
    Options
    I can only advise based on the information you give and going by that my calculations are correct and they are wrong. 

Can I ask you to please double check your journal to see exactly what date you provided your first fit note. Not the date on the fit note but the date you provided details of it. 
    I declared the health change and provided the fit note on the 6th of September but it says it's effective from the 31st. I assumed that they would go off the information on the sick note provided by your GP as that's the most accurate date? The only reason I didn't declare it sooner was I had to wait over a week to see my GP to get one. 

Thanks
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Then that will be why you haven’t received it this month. My advice is based on the information you gave. 

If you had said at the start that you reported the change and provided the fit note on 6th September then I could have advised you correctly. 

This changes the advice I gave and you were advised by UC correctly. 

As you didn’t report your health condition until after the start of the Sept assessment period then that month doesn’t count because it has to be a full month. It’s the date you provide evidence, not the date on the fit note itself. 

This means that the LCWRA element starts from assessment period 1st Jan to 31st Jan and first payment will be 7th Feb. 
  • belle_sebast
    edited January 4
    Options
    [Comment removed by moderator - personal attack]
  • noman
    noman Community member Posts: 590 Pioneering
    edited January 4
    Options
    And you need to show some respect for the help that you have been given!
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

No need to be so rude Poppy was helping you. 
    Poppy gives people help on here freely and because she wants to help, she has illnesses off her own but still helps others.

• Community_Scope
    Community_Scope Posts: 992 Scope online community team
    Options

Note from online community team: 

Hello everyone, 

We want this discussion to continue, but we’re concerned that things are becoming quite tense and could easily escalate. 

Please remember that all discussions on Scope’s online community should remain civil, supportive, and safe.  

We will continue to closely monitor this discussion, but if it escalates further, we may choose to pause, close, or even hide the discussion. 

For more information, please read our online community house rules. 

• poppy123456
    edited January 4
    Options

Excuse me??? how dare you speak to me that way!! I didn't have an attitude. I can only give you advice based on the information that is provided to me.  Only being a few days out can mean a big difference to when the extra money is paid from.

I know exactly how limited the information is and how confusing it is but without all the correct information i simply can't advise.

I spend so much of my time freely here giving so much advice to other people. It's very unfair when people such as yourself speak to me this way.
  • Community_Scope
    Community_Scope Posts: 992 Scope online community team
    Options

Note from online community team:

Where possible we like all discussions to continue, but we’re choosing to pause this discussion for now so things can cool down and we can review it. For more information, please read our online community house rules.  Attacks against other community members will not be tolerated. 

We will review it and if we are satisfied the discussion can continue, we will hope to un-pause it by 05-01-24

This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.