Hi — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi

Options
GabyL
GabyL Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi, my name is Gaby. I've recently been diagnosed with HNPP, well within the last 2 years, but had issues with it and the constant hospital and GP visits for the last 10 years before getting a diagnosis.

My partner found this community and encouraged me to join as I'm struggling with going from being super active to not as active due to the condition, one good thing I guess is this condition has made me more determined in life and I'm not going to let the condition rule me. Even the days I can't walk or move parts of my body I'm still in charge.

So here I am, I joined a while ago and finally built up the courage to say hi.

Bit about me, I love music, playing games, animals, sports, walks (when I can) and just passed my driving test so be looking forward to the freedom and spontaneous random trips as soon as I get a car 😁

Comments

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,240 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @GabyL, welcome to the community! Great to have you with us :) 

We've got some lovely members and I'm sure you'll enjoy getting to know everyone. Lots of people like to chat in the coffee lounge or play games in the games room if you'd like to get involved. 

Congratulations on passing your driving test, hope you're able to get out and about soon! 
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 20,260 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @GabyL Welcome from me too. Have a look around and join in when you are ready. If you have any questions please ask. Take care.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    Welcome to the community @GabyL! What kind of games do you like playing? Where are you planning for your first road trip?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • GabyL
    GabyL Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi, thanks for the welcome everyone.

I mainly play on the PS4, COD, powerwash simulator, watchdogs, hogwarts legacy things like that. I play euro truck simulator as well, games on the switch and the nintendo wii. Me and my partner plays board games to.

Well my partner has said that they would like the first trip to be to Costco haha. But we are planning to make a trip down to Minehead in June, after a bit more practice, for my 30th and to visit some of my partners family.
  • Ada
    Ada Scope Member Posts: 14,287 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @GabyL It’s a very warm welcome from me x

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.