Universal Credit, self-employed expenses — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Universal Credit, self-employed expenses

Options
pinkycat
pinkycat Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hi all. 

My husband has recently become self-employed but works for one company only. When submitting earnings to universal credit there is a section for expenses which I have worked out. However his wage slips from the company show expenses payments (reimbursement). When filling out his “income” do I include what they paid him per job And what they reimbursed him? So the total that went into his bank. Or do you miss off the reimbursed expenses? I’m asking because it seems long-winded to add up all expenses for UC if the company have reimbursed him. (But that’s like all benefits haha). 
Thank you 
Tagged:

Comments

• michael57
    michael57 Community member Posts: 227 Pioneering
    Options
    am i understanding this right the company pays your husband back his expenses when they pay him  
  • pinkycat
    Options
    Hi Michael. Yes that’s correct. He’s 3 weeks in hand and get his expenses paid back at the same time as being paid his wage
  • michael57
    Options
    so he gets his expenses paid back in his wages and you want to put them down as expenses to lower his wages to get more uc i think that would be the opening of a big can of worms at a later date to be honest 
  • pinkycat
    Options
    That’s why I’m asking really. What’s the point in me even putting down expenses or UC asking for them if he gets them reimbursed?

Or should I put the expenses in the correct fields but then also put down what he was paid, including the reimbursed expenses?
  • michael57
    Options
    if he gets the expenses reimbursed when he gets paid he has no expenses so to speak so in the expenses field it would be £0 i gather you would get less uc but better that than a years time they say they have overpaid you x amount of pounds and you have to pay it all back 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.