I made a mistake with fit note and wca — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I made a mistake with fit note and wca

Options
pereto
pereto Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited January 6 in Universal Credit (UC)
Ive been continously providing fit notes from my doctor but when i had a letter with my wca telephone date i didnt think i needed one now.

Then the day of the telephone assesment came and it was to be between 9 and 12, unluckily they phoned right on 9.00 and then again at 9.03 when i was in the bathroom i then telephoned the number back a few minutes later and it just say this is a courtesy call no need to do anything but its not a courtesy call but an important call.

I called the wca helpline and explained and he gave me a direct number for the asessment centre it dials but before it even rings it just says we are busy right now try again later. Then at 10.40 i was waiting for the call and when it rang i literally moved the laptop from my lap to the settee seat next to me stood up and opened the door to the hall and it stopped with only 6 rings :-/ 
I called the wca helpline back and explained and the same person said to wait as they should ring again. and also said to try the direct number i explained that i had tried numerous times every 2 minutes for 35 minutes which my phone shows a log of and he said he would try, i was on hold while he tried and he said he had the same thing it just instantly says theyre too busy to answer. He said to phone back by 12 if they havnt called and it would be rearranged which I did and i was told i would get a letter with a new date.
I then got a letter with a new date 4 weeks later but then a week before it i got another letter saying they had cancelled it.
When I attended my monthly appointment with my actually helpful and useful advisor (she has her own disabled children) she said it was strange and then found that i had been sent fit note reminder 3 times and they had then said i was to treated as fit for work as i had not uploaded a new one, she put down the mandatory reconsider for me saying that I had thought i did not need one as i had a date for my assesment and rarely go onto my journal as its really increases my anxiety just to log on and look. she added her own note saying that i had always uploaded a new one everytime it was needed before.
she also said to upload a new fit note from where the other one left off which i have done.

Now im worried i will have to start all over again?

Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You posted in the ESA section but then mention a journal. ESA doesn't have access to a journal, only Universal Credit does. If it's UC that you're claiming and a decisions been made on your WCA then you should have received a letter on your journal, did you receive anything? If you can, please have a look.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.