BEEN on pip for years circustances changed taking months to do my decition

Ha6ti3
Ha6ti3 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
BEEN on pip for years circustances changed taking months not heard nothing back also i seen the law changed meaning ppl should have got high rate ive been on 12 points since 2016 if i had 1 more point id be due a fortune il get my pip reward put up i broken leg metal ect but no way to know if you are owe that from dwp if so 1300
wat i heard they wld get backdated i hope i get my reward backdated to may and the kaw thing things maybe looking up

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,491 Championing
    The changes to the PIP activities in 2016 refer to following and planning a journey for the mobility part. See link. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/personal-independence-payment-changes/overwhelming-psychological-distress-and-journeys-changes-to-pip-law-from-28-november-2016

Also social support, which refers to Engaging with other face to face, which is activity 9. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/personal-independence-payment-changes/social-support-changes-to-pip-law-from-6-april-2016

Whether that would change your PIP award will depend on how many points you actually scored and how your health conditions affect you.

You also mention scoring 12 points but where exactly did you score 12 points? There's 2 parts to PIP, daily living and mobility.

• Ha6ti3
    Ha6ti3 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    i scored 12 points for mental health problems i done my last assesment over the phone 4 years ago my pip was supposed to end in may i got a extention till december the people that own my building hillcrest i asked them to help women says send forums in done that she wrote back she could get me a extra 3 points so went with her september first is when it was sent to bru know il get it got no points for mobility and you mention planning and following journeys with my mental health i should been intitled to it from 2016 as been on 12 points since then 1 more point i need 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,491 Championing
    I'm still confused, sorry. You mention scoring 12 points for mental health. Then you said you didn't score any points for following and planning a journey and then said you need just 1 more point. You can't score 1 point for mobility anyway because the lowest score would be 4.

For a mobility award you need to score at least 8 points, this would be a standard award, if you scored at least 12 points it would be Enhanced.

Can you please confirm that your current award is Enhanced daily living but no mobility?