PIP query. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP query.

anniej9464 Community member Posts: 16 Listener
Hi hope everyone is doing well..

I am currently receiving the daily living part of pip and have been advised to reapply for the mobility part. When I was awarded pip I asked for a mandatory reconsideration on the mobility part but was turned down so just left it at that. But since then my conditions have worsened, my doctor and family have been nagging me to put in for the mobility part for ages but just the thought of going through the process again stresses me out. If I am to try again for the mobility part how do I go about it? Do I have to totally start from the beginning? And would my claim be stopped whilst they made a decision? 
Any advice will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance Annie x


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 52,180 Disability Gamechanger
    You would need to report a change of health condition by ringing the PIP helpline. You will then be sent more forms to fill in and return with all your information and supporting evidence. Another assessment is most likely because most people have them.

    A worsening of condition doesn't automatically entitle you to more points and the same applies to the mobility part. You need to make sure you can definitely score points there before doing anything else.

    Your exisiting award will continue until a decision is made. Once the decision is made your award could either remain the same, be reduced, increased or stop completely.

    This may help you have a little more understanding of the descriptors, which i'd advise you to have a read of before doing anything else. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/personal-independence-payment-assessment-guide-for-assessment-providers/pip-assessment-guide-part-2-the-assessment-criteria

    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.