Lcwra — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lcwra

Options
sinead123
sinead123 Community member Posts: 22 Listener
I got awarded LCWRA on the 30/11/23 I have sent fit notes for a long time before getting awarded . When will I receive my first payment im confused? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,791 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That will depend on the answers to the following questions.

1/ What date exactly did you report your health condition/ provide your first fit note?

2/ What date do you usually receive your payment each month? 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,513 Scope online community team
    Options
    Heya @sinead123 and welcome to the community!

I can see Poppy is already poised to help, but I just wanted to stop by and say hi. :)
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • sinead123
    Options
    @poppy123456 thank you my first fit note was 30/05/2023 my payment date is 7th of every month ?
  • sinead123
    Options
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,513 Scope online community team
    Options
    Heya @sinead123, I understand the confusion, I'm still trying  to get my head around the payments.  Poppy is well versed in such things, so I'm sure she can correct me if I'm wrong here. 
      But I believe it'll be the 4th payment after award. So a wait of 3 payment cycles, then you get the money on the 4th.
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,125 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As Albus says, there's a 3 full month waiting period before the LCWRA element is paid, but, as this is paid in arrears, it's due for your assessment period 1-30 Sept 2023 with payment therefore being 7th October, so long as you provided continuous fit notes until you got your LCWRA decision. 
    It may take a while to work out the extra that is owed (4 months so far), & this is usually paid separately.
    (poppy may be busy with her imminent house move)
  • sinead123
    Options
    I sent my fit notes for a while over 6 months  then I recieved my Lcwra award on the 30/11/2023 so is it 3 months after then I will receive my first payment ? Do I receive owed money ? 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,125 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    So long as there were no gaps in your fit notes, then the 3 full months waiting period is from when you handed in your first fit note on the 30 May 2023. The LCWRA element would have been payable from 7 Oct 2024 so long as they covered up until you received the decision on your WCA on 30 Nov, which it sounds like you may have done. You will receive the money owed if this is the case, but it can take a few weeks to work it out. Do check your next statement to see if the LCWRA element has been added (for 7 Feb).
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Chiarieds is correct the waiting period is 3 full assessment periods and the LCWRA element starts from the 4th month, with first payment being made at the end of that 4th month. This is because UC is paid one month in arrears.

Your waiting perod will be as follows..
    1st June to 30th June.. 1 month
    1st July to 31st July 2 months
    1st Aug to 31st August .. 3 months..
    LCWRA starts from assessment period 1st Sept to 30th Sept and first payment will be 7th Oct.

I also note that you had the decision on 30/11/2023 so i would have expected to you have received the extra money in your statements by now. Can you please confirm if you've been receiving the extra LCWRA element?

Please also note that the advice assumes you're not claiming UC with a partner that already receives the LCWRA element on your claim.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • sinead123
    Options
    No I am not claiming with a partner , I was awarded Lcwra on 30/11/2023 I sent fit notes in to UC for around 6 months then they sent me work capability form and I was awarded Lcwra I am wondering when I will receive the payment is it 3 months from when I sent my first payment ? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    As we've advised, providing there were no gaps in your fit notes until a decision was made on 30th November than your first payment would be 7th October 2023.

I don't understand why you haven't yet received any extra money because the decision was made on 30th Novemeber 2023.
  • sinead123
    Options
    I had no gaps I always sent my fit note in maybe it will be next month ? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Based on the information you gave it should have been from 7th October. Are you 100% certain that the decision was Limited Capability For Work Related Activity? (LCWRA) and not just limited capability for work? (LCW)

Please check the decision letter on your journal to see exactly what it says. If it was LCW then there's no extra money for this and this maybe why you haven't yet received any extra money.
  • sinead123
    Options
    No it is definitely Lcwra 
  • sinead123
    Options
  • poppy123456
    Options
    That's not correct. As advised a few times the waiting period starts from when you reported your health condition, provided a by a fit note within 7 days of that.

Put a message onto your journal and tell them the date you provided your first fit note. Tell them that the waiting periods starts from that date, not from the date of the decision.

One final thought, was this your first work capability assessment? Or did you have one prior to this? If so what was the decision on the previous one?
  • sinead123
    Options
    No this is my first work capability assessment 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Then please put a message onto your journal under the payment section and say something like this..

I provided my first fit note on X date (tell them the date). I continued to provide the fit notes without any gaps until the decision was made on my WCA. The relevant period starts from when i provided my first fit note. My calculations say that my relevant period is this..

1st June to 30th June.. 1 month
    1st July to 31st July 2 months
    1st Aug to 31st August .. 3 months..
    LCWRA starts from assessment period 1st Sept to 30th Sept and first payment will be 7th Oct.

Therefore my calculations say that i should have received my first payment on 7th October 2023 but i haven't received any extra money at all.

• sinead123
    Options
    I had my WCA in November and got awarded in 30/11/23 if I only got awarded LCWRA in November why would I receive a payment in October? 
  • sinead123
    Options
    Sorry I am just super confused 😐 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.