Adult disability benefit - Scotland — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Adult disability benefit - Scotland

Options
sh88
sh88 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Has anyone had their review yet? .. I’m also wondering what happens to your benefit when your due for review. 
So for example my review for adp is due October 2024 (I know it’s a while away but I have adhd and I need to dysect every single detail and this is tearing me apart with worry) .. so I guess I get my forums out before that date, fill them in and send them back? .. but by seeing on other posts it’s taking 4-6 months for the review to be completed. So my question is what happens to your benefit in that time… do you keep receiving it or does it stop until a redetermination is made? 

I’m new to all of this and it’s just making me panic. Any advise would be great x 

Comments

• ShonaM72
    ShonaM72 Community member Posts: 9 Connected
    edited January 11
    Options
    Your payments will continue while your review is processed. I was transferred from PIP to ADP in September but had my review before I left, 20 months late! I believe ADP to be slightly more efficient 🥵 lol
    Good luck with it all, there are plenty of guides out there if you need them 😉 
    S 🫶 x
  • sh88
    sh88 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    20 months late, wow 😳 .. did they contact you to tell you it was late or why it was? … and were you still receiving payments in this time? .. I just get myself so worked up unnecessarily sometimes. I just wasn’t sure how it worked - if your review date comes and on that date your benefit stops, as if the review works as reapplying? .. it’s just all so unclear 🥲

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.