If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Served section 21 eviction notice

Options

Comments

• JoOfVengerberg
    JoOfVengerberg Scope Member Posts: 497 Pioneering
    Options
    Sorry to hear things aren't much better @JoOfVengerberg. I hope your MP is helpful and can get things moving for you. 

Have you had any luck with Citizen's Advice or Shelter?
    Thanks Rosie,

No luck really. Shelter just advised to go through the homeless team. I don't feel supported by my housing officer though. I hope I can find somewhere, I have had to pause my PhD. 
    Very often the homeless team won’t do anything until you’re actually evicted by a court. 

Its difficult out there for us on benefits because most landlords refuse us. Not only that the rent in most areas is ridiculously high and the LHA doesn’t cover the rent, another reason for LLs to refuse DSS tenants based on affordability. 

I’m not sure what a local MP can do in this situation to be honest. I hope you find somewhere soon and certainly know and understand what you’re going through. I’ve been in this situation myself a couple of times. 
    🖤🖤🖤🖤
    she/her, PhD student (disability fiction + cure), cerebral palsy + fibro
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 52,417 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hope you get something sorted soon
  • JoOfVengerberg
    Options
    Sandy_123 said:
    Hope you get something sorted soon
    thank you sandy xx
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,589 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

@JoOfVengerberg
    Im so sorry you are having to go through this. 
    This happened to me years ago and it was just the most awful experience. 
    I hope you receive some help from your MP. There’s also some good advice from other members.

Sorry I don’t have any advice that will help you, but wanted to let you know you’re in my thoughts. ❤️

• JoOfVengerberg
    Options
    Lou67 said:

@JoOfVengerberg
    Im so sorry you are having to go through this. 
    This happened to me years ago and it was just the most awful experience. 
    I hope you receive some help from your MP. There’s also some good advice from other members.

Sorry I don’t have any advice that will help you, but wanted to let you know you’re in my thoughts. ❤️

Thank you so much Lou 🖤 it means a lot that you lovely lot see me as a person even if they don't x
  • JoOfVengerberg
    Options
    Hello lovely people, another update. I can't sleep right now and I think I am in a flare. Things were already hard but now my legs ache constantly, I have stomach pain, I can't seem to get quality sleep and I am worried sick about the time ticking down. Everywhere I turn I am just having the door closed in my face, but my local MP has opened a case and seems willing to help in some way so that's something. I just desperately want to feel safe and instead I am feeling so low I have ideation again.
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,729 Scope online community team
    Options
    Sorry to hear you're having problems with your sleep @JoOfVengerberg, stress always gets me the same way.  I really hope your MP will be able to offer some support to you. 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • bookrabbit
    bookrabbit Community member Posts: 196 Pioneering
    Options
    I had the sale of the house I was living in hanging over me for years and am relieved that part is now finally over even though I am now living in emergency housing in a hotel. It will end.
    I couldn't get the homeless team to get involved until the day I was given final notice to leave when they provided my son and I with a hotel room. 
    I have been trying to get a private rental for the last 4 months but have got nowhere but am still trying.
    So far the homeless team haven't done anything beyond provide the hotel room because we have been put out of area and haven't seen a housing officer since the first morning ten days ago. It is half term so most of them seem to be off for the week.
    It still isn't ideal but it isn't as bad as having the whole thing hanging over my head as a threat. Now I just have to deal with it one step at a time...
    I hope you can take a step forward soon too. I find imagination is nearly always worse than the reality. Try not to worry because whatever happens will be different than you imagine and so is pointless. I certainly never imagined being put in a luxury hotel with beautiful surroundings and lots of peace and quiet!!
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that half term has affected your contact with them @bookrabbit. Can I ask, have you thought about asking your MP? I'm thinking they could help put you in touch with someone locally to converse with and help support :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • bookrabbit
    Options
    We actually have a support worker from the Targeted Adult Support Team but she has been off a lot this week too. To be honest I don't mind the breather for a bit. Getting to this point has been very very stressful and there is more stress to come no doubt. I am sure the housing officer will be in contact after half term. I don't think I need to involve the MP., at least not at the moment but thanks for the suggestion @Hannah_Scope.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    @bookrabbit No problem. Please keep us updated <3 I hope you have taken the time to rest. I hope your room has a kettle always say a cuppa is what's needed when stressed :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

• bookrabbit
    Options
    Yes, we have a kettle and a lovely selection of teas and coffees provided. I especially like the peppermint tea.
    And I have a plug in cool box and a friend did a click and collect order for us so we are well supplied with cold food. With that together with the breakfast provided we are doing well and relaxing very comfortably all things considered. 
  • JoOfVengerberg
    Options
    Further update: DHC application has gone live again and I am still only band C. The MP said bluntly I will be homeless before I can get social housing. The homeless team have still not responded and it's been 3 weeks. They really wouldn't care if I was found in a ditch I suppose. It's not helping my terrible mental health I can tell you that.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    @JoOfVengerberg I am so sorry, have you got someone to talk to about your mental health? Can I ask, I saw Shelter said to go through the homeless team, have you reached out to anyone else for additional advice, like Crisis
    Hannah - She / Her

• JoOfVengerberg
    Options
    Hi Hannah, It looks like they are not in my area :(
  • JoOfVengerberg
    Options
    I am contacting other places but my god do I feel hopeless and worn down. It makes it difficult to do all the other things I need to do like the PIP form and packing :(
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,097 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I don't have any further advice for you other than please make sure you don't leave you home by the date your LL has given. They have to go through the courts first before you can be evicted. If you leave before this then your HA could say you made yourself intentionally homeless, yes I know that's terrible but true. 

I hope you find something suitable soon!
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • JoOfVengerberg
    Options
    I don't have any further advice for you other than please make sure you don't leave you home by the date your LL has given. They have to go through the courts first before you can be evicted. If you leave before this then your HA could say you made yourself intentionally homeless, yes I know that's terrible but true. 

I hope you find something suitable soon!
    thank you <3
  • JoOfVengerberg
    Options
    I think the thing that is making me panic is that they want me to look for shared houses. I can't live in a shared house, it triggers my PTSD and makes me jumpy and hypervigilant and I have panic attacks. Nobody is taking that seriously though or listening because my housing plan says shared houses. My housing officer ignored it and it's been over 3 weeks with several follow ups and she has not even acknowledged my emails. I'm going to be making a complaint on Monday, and I'll be talking to a therapist + my GP to get it in writing that I can't be in a shared house. I have been feeling suicidal lately with the dread of it all but I fear nobody is going to listen. My MP couldn't help either and basically said tough luck regarding social housing. I know because I'm young they don't take me seriously or understand the impact of my disabilities. They must think I am just entitled. But it would really be a danger to me if I was in a place like that and I can't seem to get them to actually care.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    @JoOfVengerberg Are they able to refer you to someone local? 

Hopefully your GP and therapist can help with a letter. I am going to pop and email over to you <3 
    Hannah - She / Her

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.