If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Served section 21 eviction notice

Options

Comments

• JoOfVengerberg
    JoOfVengerberg Scope Member Posts: 497 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello loves, just an update. I received an email today from the landlord reminding me I have 10 days to be out or it goes to court. He has suggested looking on spare room/facebook for places. I have been prescribed citalopram for my mental health which I will be able to collect soon. I am so scared. I keep saying to people I can't be in a shared house because it really negatively affects my mental health (panic attacks, checking at the door to make sure nobody is in communal areas before I use them etc.) but nobody is taking it seriously. I have referred myself to get a social worker. If I lived in a shared house my mental health would be in tatters and nobody seems to care. I'm still applying for places via Devon Home Choice and will stick where I am because that is what I've been advised, but I wish I knew that I would be okay. Any encouragement would be appreciated <3 
    she/her, PhD student (disability fiction + cure), cerebral palsy + fibro
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,590 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

@JoOfVengerberg
    Oh I’m so sorry you’re still dealing with this, I’m sorry I don’t have any advice, but just wanted to let you know you’ll be in my thoughts and prayers. 
    It’s awful and I really hope something positive happens for you soon. 

Take care ❤️
  • JoOfVengerberg
    Options
    Thank you so much Lou <3
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,707 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 3
    Options
    The sad thing is until it goes to court the council probably won't bump you up the system to recognise you as homeless.

It makes me so angry anyone is in this position, you have my warmest and most sincere thoughts and hope that something positive happens for you really soon!! I hope it resolves for you soon. Please don't give up hope!! There is another lady on here that's currently homeless and the council eventually put her and her son in a hotel @bookrabbit do you have any advice?? <3 

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 52,417 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @JoOfVengerberg I'm sorry too this is still on going for you. Good luck with social worker 
  • bookrabbit
    bookrabbit Community member Posts: 196 Pioneering
    Options
    We were in a horrible situation before we were made homeless. The homeless team just dismissed us until we actually turned up on their doorstep. Dreading it was the worst thing. But once it actually happened it turned out to be better than what went before. So hang in there, it will get better. 

I completely understand about the shared housing not being suitable. I am hypervigilant too. Referring yourself to social services was the right thing to do. I did that and was given a support worker. As it turned out she didn't do much but just having her assigned to me helped the housing officer take us more seriously I think.
    Getting your PIP application started is important too.

I hope you get the help you need.

Take care.
  • JoOfVengerberg
    Options
    Thank you @Biblioklept @Sandy_123 @bookrabbit!! I emailed and asked if my personal housing plan can be changed to reflect that i can't be in a shared house but i doubt they will say yes. I think they still have to provide emergency accomodation so i wish i could worry about it less. i think things will work out but the uncertainty is scary. thank you for the support <3
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,707 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yeah that's really hard, knowing in the end it'll beokay but right now it must feel a bit of an uncertain mess! Sorry @JoOfVengerberg <3<3 Have they said what sort of emergency accomodation they might be able to find for you?
  • JoOfVengerberg
    Options
    Yeah that's really hard, knowing in the end it'll beokay but right now it must feel a bit of an uncertain mess! Sorry @JoOfVengerberg <3<3 Have they said what sort of emergency accomodation they might be able to find for you?
    They haven't, but when I asked if my personal housing plan could be changed to reflect that i can't live in a shared house, they asked for evidence. my first thought was the GP and counselling service at my university but i don't know who else i can ask to back me up
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,590 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

@JoOfVengerberg
    Good morning just wanted to let you know I’ve been thinking of you.
    I think getting evidence from your GP and Counsellor is a great start.
     And I pray the housing take it seriously.
    Keep your chin up we are all rooting for you. ❤️

• JoOfVengerberg
    Options
    Lou67 said:

@JoOfVengerberg
    Good morning just wanted to let you know I’ve been thinking of you.
    I think getting evidence from your GP and Counsellor is a great start.
     And I pray the housing take it seriously.
    Keep your chin up we are all rooting for you. ❤️

Hey Lou. Thank you so much 🖤 I'm about to head to the university to speak to the GP and spiritual support to talk to someone and have a cup of tea. On the way home I will pick up my antidepressants which are available now
  • JoOfVengerberg
    Options
    Update: I have a phone call with a private therapist on deadline day. It's a free introductory call and they have concessionary rates so I may actually be able to afford it. Fingers crossed.
  • Sandy_123
    Options
  • JoOfVengerberg
    Options
    Update: I think I'm the only one left here and I'm kind of panicking. It's eerie and cold and even though I hate living with people it feels wrong to be in this big space all on my own
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    Hi there, any news on finding a home? I can imagine it feels eerie. There's always someone here to talk to. I know its not a big help but it will make you feel less alone.
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,729 Scope online community team
    Options
    Just echoing Sandy's comment @JoOfVengerberg, we're all here if you need us. <3 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • JoOfVengerberg
    Options
    Thank you @Sandy_123 and @Albus_Scope. I am still looking, still bidding on DHC (got to no. 15 on one of them so that's a good sign) and applying to flats I can afford in private lets to show willing. I've only applied to 9 so far so about one a week but I am struggling to find stuff. Not even looking at shared housing because that would be awful for my mental health and stress makes my fibromyalgia worse. I have a meeting with a local homeless charity tomorrow and hopefully they take it seriously. I am not saying it to be entitled or anything I genuinely find that it triggers my PTSD/anxiety attacks etc. Because everyone has gone now I feel safe because I was on edge all the time before. I can only hope they take it seriously. I don't know what I'll do if they don't even with notes from my pain clinic etc.
  • Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 21,740 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @JoOfVengerberg Good luck. I hope your meeting tomorrow goes well. Take care.
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,729 Scope online community team
    Options
    Best of luck for tomorrow @JoOfVengerberg ! Just channel the spirit of Yennefer when you feel anxious. :)
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • JoOfVengerberg
    Options
    Another update: the last person here is the gross housemate who left chicken blood and rancid milk spilled in the fridge until I called him out on it. The kitchen is in a state (I have moved to the upstairs kitchen) and I'm not sure what to do.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.