Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

How is your day going?

Options

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 5,464 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

I'm agreeing with the others there @66Mustang there are ways of doing things and that certainly wasn't it. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing?ย Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback?ย Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,795 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

@Albus_Scope

Sorry if you or anyone misunderstood but I wasn't trying to say that he was doing things in the right way. I did say that I thought he was doing things wrong in my post (in fact that's why I was upset in the first place) but maybe I didn't make it clear enough

I do know in myself that I am looking for "the right person" and not just "a partner" and I guess as long as I know that then that's all that matters??

Thanks so much to @Marydoll5 and the others for being so kind and understanding ๐Ÿ˜Š โค๏ธ

• 66Mustang
    Options

@Marydoll5

That sounds awesome about the driving but a long way from Northern Ireland. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ I'm guessing your son is in London??

• Albus_Scope
    Options

No @66Mustang it's my fault, I'm not wording very well today, so apologies! I was agreeing with what the others had said to you. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Albus (he/him)

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing?ย Flag your concerns with us.
    Neurodivergent.
  • 66Mustang
    Options

Oh sorry about that @Albus_Scope it's probably me interpreting things wrong, thank you though ๐Ÿ˜Š

I hope you're OK today??

• Albus_Scope
    Options

No worries at all @66Mustang it happens. :)
    I'm good thank you, very tired from the painkillers, but happy to be around you lovely lot today. ๐Ÿ˜

Albus (he/him)

Neurodivergent.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 55,212 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Afternoon everyone enjoy your class @Lou67

• 66Mustang
    Options

We just went for a dog walk but about 2 mins from home the skies opened with hailstones which actually hurt my face!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

I'm having some coffee now ๐Ÿ˜Š

Hopefully everyone else is having a nice day

• Teigr
    Teigr Community member Posts: 3,975 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

I've wasted a chunk of the day trying to find out what happened to a parcel that was supposed to be delivered ten days ago.

• rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 742 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Just had a delivery of medical supplies which I've been waiting for. All good apart from I didn't half smack my knee on my coffee table on the way to answer the door. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry and answered the door as if nothing as happened, and then cried out when I closed the door haha

I have Autism, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Gilberts Syndrome and Crohn's Disease and have knowledge in these areas.

• 66Mustang
    Options

@rubin16 injuring yourself while collecting medical supplies is funny in a way, if that's ok to say ๐Ÿ˜† that's how I would view it if it was me anyway ๐Ÿ˜Š

• rubin16
    Options

It should be fine. I am really clumsy so I bump into things alot and injure myself alot so it'll just add to the bruises I have. Its stopped hurting now but at first I didn't know whether to laugh or cry as it hit me right in the funny bone on the edge of the table.

I have Autism, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Gilberts Syndrome and Crohn's Disease and have knowledge in these areas.

• 66Mustang
    Options

Sorry if my comment upset you @rubin16 I'm guilty of not taking things seriously when stuff happens but I shouldn't assume others are the same way and wasn't trying to say what happened to you is trivial if it's something that caused you pain. I hope it gets better soon though ๐Ÿ˜Š

• rubin16
    edited June 10
    Options

You're good, I'm exactly the same and find the funny side to things. I always have a laugh afterwards after doing something daft. Last year my computer chair broke and I went flying backwards I found it hilarious after the initial shock.

• Sandy_123
    Options

Ouch @rubin16 I love the bit that said. Pretending nothing happened ...

• rubin16
    Options

haha I literally answered the door like nothing happened, I think the guy could tell I was in pain though and as soon as I closed the door I was like Ouch

• Sandy_123
    Options

Yeah hope it's not too bruised

• 66Mustang
    Options

I just hit a pigeon while driving home from the shop, it flew into my windscreen. Luckily it didn't go through or even crack the window but I think the pigeon is having a worse day ๐Ÿ™ I didn't see it in my rear view mirror and drove home wondering if I had a pigeon on my roof but it wasn't there when I got home

• talis
    talis Community member Posts: 213 Pioneering
    Options

@66Mustang oh no r u and the bird ok

• 66Mustang
    Options

@talis I'm not sure about the bird sadly ๐Ÿ™ I'm OK though thanks for asking

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.