How is your day going?

Comments

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 3,948 Online Community Coordinator

@Lou67 It started blooming while I was working last week and I thought it would be finished by the time I got there, but I got lucky that it was still open on my next day off! I'm glad I went in the end!

I think it might be the Dennis the Menace film you're talking about. I haven't seen it but it has the scene you're describing with the 40 year orchid. I love those kids action films from the 80s and 90s, they're a lot of fun.

• Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 8,622 Championing

@Rosie_Scope
    Ahhhh yes that’s it oh you must trying watch it it’s hilarious 😆 oh I’m so glad you got the name off it it was starting to drive me nuts 😂
    I’m so glad you got to see it Rosie things like that don’t happen often.

❤️

• Marydoll5
    Marydoll5 Community member Posts: 561 Championing

@Schildpad I am on venlafaxine maximum dose of 375mg daily. It works really well. I had to be taken off mirtazapine as it wrecked my kidney function. I'm also on a mood stabiliser but it's not used as that any more. My cpn was meant to get consultant to review my meds but she quit and 6 months later still no appointment! State of mental health services in the North of Ireland is shambolic.

I agree with you that you get tolerance to meds and they don't work as well. I never seem to get yearly reviews as gp is so pushed with workload. I'm on butrans patch for spinal pain and it doesn't work as well as it did. I am trying to strengthen my abdominal muscles and walk to help my spine but if I do too much I'm flat out on my back for days. It's a vicious circle!

• Marydoll5
    Marydoll5 Community member Posts: 561 Championing

@Ada maybe even as lou67 says a wee bit of food taking your meds. That's a great walk and Betty has the best owner ever ❤️

@Lou67 duvet day is exactly what you need. Hope your chest pain eases and cold too

@Rosie_Scope that was an experience seeing the plant in Kew gardens. Its on my list to visit in London along with the Science museum naturally me being an ex scientist

• Rosie_Scope

Hope you get a chance to go one day @Marydoll5, it's beautiful there. I love the Science Museum too. I haven't been for a long time, but I'm hoping to go back some time soon!

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 57,134 Championing

rest for me now we've been in the garden for a few hours, the family have just left to go for a walk, I refused. Happy with the peace and a coffee

• Rosie_Scope

Enjoy your well-earned peace and quiet @Sandy_123, that sounds ideal 😊

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,985 Championing
    edited June 23

@Ada oh that's a shame 🙁

I know the doctors tend to know best and it's best to not bring emotion into their decisions, but I sometimes wonder if they would make such tough decisions if they were treating themselves or a loved one

I guess that's why they don't tend to allow doctors to work on their own family

• Teigr
    Teigr Community member Posts: 4,420 Championing

I'm beginning to think the installation of this shower cubicle is going to rumble on for even longer than The Great Vanity Unit Saga of 2023.

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 57,134 Championing

lol @Teigr

No @ada thanks @Rosie _scope

• Teigr

My friend drinks a lot of tonic water @Rosie_Scope,it tastes a bit too medicinal for my liking.

• Teigr

He messed up one of the screws @Sandy_123 and wanted to buy another cubicle.

I told him to drill a bigger hole and use one of the four million screws that are lying around in the garage.

• Teigr

A lot of doctors I know are heavy smokers @Ada ,must be the stress of the job.

• Teigr

I'd give it a go @Ada ,not sure how successful I'd be though,Mr Teigr is 'resting' again before he visits his mother for the sixth time this week.

• 66Mustang

Whenever my Mum wants my Dad to do something, like wash the car or DIY, she suggests that she could just pay someone else to do it, then my Dad immediately does it to save the money 😂

• Teigr

That wouldn't work in our house @66Mustang ,Mr Teigr would pay someone to clean his teeth if he could get away with it.

• 66Mustang

Ha ha @Teigr

• Schildpad
    Schildpad Community member Posts: 51 Contributor

thanks @marydoll5 .. at the moment i am in both… mirtazapine and venlafaxine.. i am also worry about the kidneys and else… if i see is getting worse i might well off stop it but i will have to give it a couple of months. been for a long time in mirtazapine so harm is done if it is really messing up my kidneys and liver. but will see. if this combination works. so far i sleep like a log. i don't wake up in the middle of the night like before. previously i was sleeping like four hours getting up and again two hours and getting up.. now it is eight hours in one go.. happy about it. but i guess this will eventually be as effective. but again so much medicine over the years could not do any good to my kidneys etc.. it tries to sort out something and messes up with something else. very early to say if this medication will work.. pain wise cocodamol is neither working. i have its days but generally speaking it does not work. tired of being in medication.. i guess it would be worse if i am in no medication. i guess it does a little and it is better than nothing.

• Schildpad
    Schildpad Community member Posts: 51 Contributor

• Teigr

Mr Teigr's motto is 'I'll do it tomorrow' @Ada ,but tomorrow never comes.