Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

How is your day going?

Options

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,379 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No don't be sorry at all @Ada it's totally a problem in my mind and not something others have done

Besides, what I meant was like 50 people had read my post but 49 of them decided it wasn't worth trying to help, if you didn't get a chance to read it you are not one of those 49 :blush:

I just think I'm failing at everything and when you just need a few words it seems hard to find support

I know there are lovely people here including you and I'm truly in a better place for being on Scope and your support and friendship means so much to me :heart: 

I'm going off for a bit though as not feeling too good and going to try and do something to relax like play a computer game or go for a walk

I will come back in a bit or maybe tomorrow but I hope you have a great evening @ada and all others :blush::smiley:
  • Ada
    Ada Scope Member Posts: 15,554 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @66Mustang

Did you hear about the thief who kept trying to steel the same thing over again.
    Yeah
    he was attempting a rubbery. 

Boom Boom xx
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,379 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 53,314 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 9
    Options
    @Marydoll5 that was quick since last time I spoke to you, good news that the op is going ahead. Good luck to your husband and you have us all here to lean on while your both going through it. 

@Beaver79 glad your dog has biotics and not have his tooth out 

@66Mustang I havnt had chance to read the threads either today. But we are all here for you 
  • Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 22,640 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @66Mustang  I would never have know you were feeling low today as the posts you have done today have been great subjects and you have really engaged. Is it your Worrying post because I read it and then had to go away and think about my reply?  Some of you posts are quite deep (this is a good thing) and I like to give them some attention. I will now reply.

Thanks @Sandy_123
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    Using my inhaler more today the pollen is high 
    Might pop a fan on to make some air 

• Marydoll5
    Marydoll5 Community member Posts: 365 Pioneering
    Options
    @Beaver79 he will be in high dependency ward for a few days and then ward for a day then home if all goes well.
    They said recovery at home is best and it will be a rough 6 weeks minimum.
    I think I feel upset snd crying as it reminds me when he was discharged last year and I was scared I couldn't cope as I was so depressed and feel like that now...even though he needs this op and it's been so long.

@66Mustang I understand how you are feeling.  I don't go on other threads. I tried the games but was no good at them. I'll have a look and please know I get so much support from you all here and want to give it back too. You are a great person who gives great advice and conversations which help me a lot.
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,799 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Hey everyone I hope yous are all doing well and hope yous enjoy your night.
    I had a lovely day up at my mums but my legs and feet are sore now and I feel drained. I think I’ve overdone things and not sleeping hasn’t helped. So time to relax now. Sorry for moaning 🤦‍♀️

@Marydoll5
    Aww I’m so pleased your partner is going to get his op and it’s totally understandable that you are feeling anxious about his recovery at home. Could you not trying see if you could get carers in a couple off times through the day to help. We are all here for you.

@66Mustang
    Im so sorry you aren’t feeling good today. And I’m sorry I don’t think I’ve saw your post as I usually always trying give you support when I can as I think a lot off you. I’m always here if you need to talk in a PM. 
    I hope you find something to occupy you tonight.

@Sandy_123
    Oh sounds like you had a lovely day but hope your taking it easy now.

❤️
  • Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 22,640 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Perhaps once he has had his op and before he comes home you could rest as much as possible and try and build up your strength. @Marydoll5 It can be very challenging being a carer and you rarely get any thanks for it. You have been through difficult situations before and you overcame them. Have you got any support so you could perhaps have a break from time to time even if just for the odd hour. Never forget you are important as well. We are here to support you where we can and no one will judge you. Take care.
  • Lou67
    Options

@66Mustang
    I really wish you saw yourself as we all see you an amazing smart friendly compassionate person who gives a lot of your time on here to everyone.
    I hope you can relax tonight and be kind to yourself. ❤️
  • Marydoll5
    Marydoll5 Community member Posts: 365 Pioneering
    Options
    @Sandy_123 @Beaver79 and @Lou67 thank you for support and I will keep in touch next week as its vital I don't burrow myself away.

The issue from his discharge from hospital last August is that despite numerous offers of help noone came through except one friend who offered help with getting to hospital for appointments given the dire parking situation which was brilliant. 

I will try and rest while he is in hospital to strengthen up. I'm afraid that I'm not strong mentally right now and that I haven't any support, no cpn and I have to be strong. I'm tired but thanks to you all I no longer feel alone and I can talk you 
  • Lou67
    Options

@Marydoll5
    Im not sure who you get in touch with to trying get carers coming to give you a bit off help but your doctor should know or Social Work, or someone else on here will hopefully be able to advise you as I think it’s a lot for you to cope with on your own. 
    I really hope you can get something sorted,  I will be thinking of you and I’m always here for you. Take it easy tonight and relax.  ❤️
  • Sandy_123
    edited May 9
    Options
    Definitely rest whilst he is in hospital and take time to reflect on your self @Marydoll5 speak to the Hospital about care at home. 
    @Lou67 rest this evening too. Its easy to over do things. 

I've just put the bins out ready for tomorrow and having a cuppa managed to plant a couple of plants only got two left to do now. 

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,142 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry @66Mustang, as I've not been around much with looking after my friend's dog, then housework & doing a bit in the garden, which never ends as you know; might have been guilty of some plants following me home at the weekend too!
    I did see one of your comments to an Admin, & whilst I thought it totally harmless, I 'think' they'd rather prefer to have comments & replies out in the open to help others instead, which makes good sense. I do think their wording could have been better, but honestly believe we have a really good set of Admins trying to help us all, so please don't take this wrongly. It's rotten when something like this makes you feel upset, but I'm absolutely sure this wasn't intended. I hope this Admin sees this & reconsiders. Thinking about you 66Mustang.
    Hoping everyone else is keeping well, & doing as well as they can :)
  • Beaver79
    Options
    Good night everyone. Bed time for me.
  • loladale87
    loladale87 Community member Posts: 20 Connected
    Options
    I woke up feeling absolutely exhausted, I had someone from the council coming to do a damp survey and he managed to open my bedroom window which had been painted shut. Dragged my son round to the shop with me as I really didn't feel right. After I got in I had a seizure and slept for two hours after. Managed to cook some dinner and relaxed with a jigsaw. 
  • Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,905 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hey everyone, up at silly oclock again, just couldn't settle, never mind, i'll take it easy today, do my chores later, i hope you all have a good sleep and a decent day
  • WelshBlue
    WelshBlue Community member Posts: 767 Pioneering
    Options
    @Grinchy ... I'm with you there.  I call them the Crystal Gayle nights ... "3 o'clock in the morning and it's going to be another sleepness night... "

Between not being able to switch my head off and the drug dealer across the road performing again, adding to the fibro' flare up ... makes it hard for the Melatonin my GP prescribed to knock me out.

At least I can catch up with what you're all doing  :)
  • Sandy_123
    edited May 10
    Options
    @loladale87 welcome hope you have a better day today 
    @Grinchy an easy for you nothing worse then not settling 

@WelshBlue that's a great name for it, hope an easy day for you too

I'm up early got drs at 8 for b12  early and out the way
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.