How is your day going?

Comments

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 3,858 Online Community Coordinator

Sandy's idea is a good one @Marydoll5. Try to break it down into small chunks if you can, just a few minutes at a time. Take lots of breaks if you need to, and I know it's not easy but try to be patient and kind with yourself ❤️

• Marydoll5
    Marydoll5 Community member Posts: 552 Championing

Thanks @Sandy_123 and @Rosie_Scope .

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 7,000 Online Community Coordinator

Take today one minute at a time @Marydoll5 you'll smash it! ❤️

• Marydoll5
    Marydoll5 Community member Posts: 552 Championing

Thanks all of you for being here for me

• Venus_Cee
    Venus_Cee Community member Posts: 60 Contributor

Hey you lovely lot. How's everyone feeling today? And what you been up to recently?

Not much happening here. Just trying to divert my attention because the darker nights are coming and I struggle with SAD. It's my birthday tomorrow. I'll be 24. Which is really strange because my oldest son is 36 🤣 My Granddaughter asked last week how old I'm going to be and I told her 24. She's like 'Nana that's really young! You're younger than my Mam and Dad'. I told her I'll be 56 on Monday. No plans. I just want a nice day with no stress, and hubby's making a nice curry for tea. Then a movie and early night. He's been nagging me for weeks, asking what I want but money's tight so I asked for was a curry and a stress free day 😉

Anyway, couple of funny stories for you. My 7 year old Granddaughter was here last weekend and she has me running all over the house when she's here. Last weekend I couldn't be bothered because I was starting a fibro flare. We were upstairs and she asked me to go downstairs and get her bag. Told her I couldn't cos I have a ligament in my hand and I can't carry anything cos it hurts. She looked at my hand sympathetically and asked 'does it hurt?' Told her 'yes, watch' then touched my hand and went 'oww! feel'. She touched my hand and she went 'oww!' 🤣 Then asked 'will I get one when I'm older?' Told her 'noooo!' I eventually told her I was joking because when her sister was that age, I told her I couldn't go outside with her cos I had a bone in my leg. She went to nursery and told her teacher 'My Nana can't walk cos she has a bone in her leg' and the teacher sent me a note saying 'hope your bone gets better soon' lol.

Another funny. Yesterday I got a teeny tiny splinter in my finger. It was driving me nuts cos I couldn't get it out. Hubby told me to look on Youtube to see if anyone knew how to draw it out. I did so, and saw suggestions like using a pin, using bicarbonate etc. One suggestion was to put your finger in epsom salts. So I filled a jug with warm water and epsom salts. Hubby came in and saw me sitting with my finger in the jug, asked what I was doing. Told him soaking my finger in epsom salts. He says 'what does that do?' I was like 🙄 'helps my hair to grow….' 😂 When I came round (lol), he says 'what about the pedi roller I got you last year? Will that work?' He was right! I used that to grind down the top layer of skin and was able to squeeze the splinter out.

Anyway, hope everyone's having a lovely relaxing day. Stay safe and warm! Nights are getting colder ❤️

• Teigr
    Teigr Community member Posts: 4,333 Championing

Yes,as @Sandy_123 says one step at a time @Marydoll5 .

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 3,858 Online Community Coordinator

Haha @Venus_Cee, thanks for sharing those stories. Your grandchildren sound like a hoot 😁

Have a great birthday tomorrow! What kind of curry are you going to have?

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 56,757 Championing

@Venus_Cee nice to see you posting, happy birthday for tomorrow, love your sense of humour

• Venus_Cee

@Rosie_Scope Thankyou. Just home made chicken curry and rice. He makes a gorgeous Madras too but we had that Friday. My Grandkids take after me for their sense of humour. We're all crackers 😆

@Sandy_123 Thankyou. It's the only thing that keeps me sane 🤪

Am just getting sorted to have a nice hot bubble bath then watching 'Annabelle'. I have chocolate peanut M&Ms and Minstrels for later. Would hand them round in here but that ligament in my hand is still hurting 🤣😁

• Sandy_123

Haha enjoy your treats and bath

• Teigr

Heavy rain and thick mist here now.

• Sandy_123

Its not the best here today @Teigr the grandkids were going to a farm but had to cancel. But rest of the week looking good

• Teigr

I've just checked the forecast @Sandy_123 ,no rain until Friday.

They might be lying though.

• Sandy_123

Well yeah lol. Deffo gardening weather and washing

• Teigr

Morning all.

Another 4 o'clock start for me,what larks.

• Venus_Cee

Morning all. So pleased for Richard Gadd and Jessica Gunning at the Emmy awards last night. Made my day!

My plan for the day is to get up, get dressed, eat something, do something, then watch something 🤣 More than I've done all week. We're getting outside today to get the gardens cut. Then going to sit out there and have a cuppa and sandwich. I can't remember the last time I went outside (agoraphobia) I'm nervous but excited because I need to pick myself up. The dark nights always affect me and they're coming in so fast!

Random topic: Has anyone tried a cheese toastie in the air fryer? Much nicer than a toaster. It toasts evenly including the crust of the bread.

• Sandy_123

Morning all 4am @Teigr that makes me feel tired

@Venus_Cee I need to invest in an air fryer. Sandwiches in the garden sounds good.

• Teigr

I'm shattered @Sandy_123 and I have a couple of idiots coming here at 10 o'clock.

I'm not feeling very sociable.

• Sandy_123

Im not surprised @Teigr I hope you manage a nap later

• Teigr

I can't sleep during the day @Sandy_123 ,I wish I could.