Amberpearl Community member Posts: 1,501 Championing
    Good morning all

Sunny here 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 57,365 Championing
    Morning  @Amberpearl it's nice here too 
  • AndyGT
    AndyGT Community member Posts: 783 Empowering
    Good Morning Everyone.... I hope all is well with you.  Weather here is overcast and drizzling.  I don't know about you but it's the damp that gets into my joints and makes everything so much harder.  The damp affects me more than the cold, so I hate mornings like this.   Oh well could be worse.  I hope you all have a  good day and take care.  Remember we are all here for each other.  Have a good day.  

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,905 Championing
    @Ada those history videos are great to listen to :) She will say here we have and then describe. 

I like all books. I do tend to gravitate towards romance, fantasy, crime and thrillers more. 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,985 Championing
    Good morning everyone
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 4,033 Online Community Coordinator
    Good morning everyone :) damp and drizzly here too, but we had some nice sunshine over the weekend. Hope you're all having a good day so far!
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 8,629 Championing

Morning all I hope yous have a great day.

@Ada
    Hope you manage to take it easy today. 

@AndyGT
    Hi aw I’m the same I have arthritis all over only the cold and the damp effect me. I hope you feel better soon. 
    I always have a hot water bottle handy.

❤️
  • 66Mustang
    @Lou67

I have family members who have the same, they are lucky enough to go away once a year at least, they say it's actually really good for their health to be in a hot climate.

I wonder if the NHS would prescribe a holiday abroad in a hot place to help with things like this. For the amount we put into the NHS and the little we get out of it I think we are all due 4 weeks abroad at least. :blush:
  • Lou67
    edited February 19

@66Mustang
    Hi I hope your good. I totally agree with you 😊

I have a bit off good news my mum has booked a week in Tenerife for the end off April for us both.
    We were speaking about it on Saturday but had to be careful with dates.She went into the travel agents yesterday and phoned to see if it suited me. 
    My mum has her check up with the oncologist in May, she’s going away with my sister and her family in June.
    Then I’m going away for 4 days in September for my future daughter in laws hen.
    I have never been away for a hen before so my first one at 56 lol 
    Im so looking forward to going away with my mum neither off us drink so it’s just a relaxing holiday we are going for.

Yes the heat abroad definitely helps me when I’m away.

❤️

• Teigr
    Teigr Community member Posts: 4,446 Championing
    Afternoon all.
  • 66Mustang
    Lots of good news @Lou67 you deserve it :smiley:
  • Sandy_123
    edited February 19
    Oh nice @Lou67 I'm still waiting on family to get organised. 
    Just cleaned down stairs windows and doors. I'm waiting patiently for my coffee capsules so I can have a decent coffee, drinking rubbish coffee at the moment, it's one of marks n spencers but only really ok to fill the gap
  • Lou67

@66Mustang
    Thank you yes definitely a lot off good news.

@Sandy_123
    Oh thanks me and my mum have been at the apartment’s she booked about 4 times before. The beach is right outside the back gate. And it’s all flat round about as I can’t do hills. 
    So will be nice to spend some time just me and my mum.

I hope yous get booked soon. Tell them Tenerife in April and we can meet up lol 
    Hope your coffee comes soon.
    Before I stopped smoking all I drank was coffee, and like you it had to be a decent one.

@Beaver79
    Thanks yes definitely give me something to work hard at getting better for.
    My legs a bit achy at the back just now but got a hot water bottle under it and it really helps. 
    How’s you today.

❤️

• Sandy_123
    edited February 19
    Got my coffee @Lou67 I think I'm going to have to take over with holiday plans other wise it won't get done. I'm not too fussed tho now lol. Was meant to be next t week. 
    It's good to go to places you've already been, you know what's what. Looked lovely on your pics last year 
  • Lou67

@Sandy_123
    Glad you got your coffee, yes you should take over Sandy and get something organised.
    It’s a different place from last year, we were at Nerja last year in Spain.
    The one we are going to in April is a place we have been a few times in Tenerife last time was just before the pandemic.

@Ada
    How are you doing. Aww thanks Ada you can come with me I will squeeze you in my case 😊

❤️
  • Sandy_123
    Still be good @Lou67 ill call a family conference later lol. Kick em all into shape. I'm going to have a walk to the shop pick up a few things 
    Afternoon @ada and @Beaver79
  • Lou67

@Ada
    Im glad you are Ada you manage to cope with a lot off things you have going on, your a strong woman  😊

@Sandy_123
    Let me know how your conference goes lol enjoy your walk to the shops.

❤️
  • Sandy_123
    @ada look in to funding you might not have to save. I'm having a rest now
  • Sandy_123
    edited February 19
    Yes there various funding and grants for certain things  out there that might be useful 
  • 66Mustang
    @ada I was just thinking of you today, if I remember correctly you are still on the hunt for a bed aren't you, it's a shame you don't live near us as my Dad goes to loads of different sites and is always being told to dispose of stuff that's as good as new. Furniture, beds, ovens, electrics etc. Often it doesn't go in the bin as it's too nice to he finds someone who needs it.

This is NHS, they spend money like it grows on trees. Personally while it may be true that they are underfunded, they could really help themselves out significantly by not wasting the money they do have.