Working with pip — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Working with pip

Verity08
Verity08 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited January 16 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I wanted some advise I have a pip
claim for renewal forms have come already  claim ends September I am unemployed at moment sadly but I hope to be be employed in next couple months ,

I don’t no if that is for certain so when I do my renewal I am not currently working it needs be done in next two weeks , if I do start working I know Iv read it’s not something you have to declare but when it comes to my renewal on  the telephone or however it will
be September if I am working then is it a must to tell them your working any advise im thankful  ? 
Tagged:

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,294 Disability Gamechanger
    @Verity08 hi and welcome to scope, PIP is a benefit paid in work or not working providing the job you do doesn't clash with the reasons you get PIP, renewals atm can take upto 12 months from start to finish but your existing claim will remain in payment until a new decision is made.
    Make sure you treat your renewal like a new application.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 1,618 Scope online community team
    edited January 16
    Hi @Verity08, welcome to the community.

As woodbine mentioned, unless it clearly goes against the reason why you're claiming PIP you should be okay. PIP isn't means tested so you don't necessarily need to tell them you're working. Just so you know, I've moved your post over to our PIP claim so that more members can find it should you have any more questions.

Good luck with your renewal, I hope it goes well :)
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.