Good news stories — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Good news stories

Options
Rosie_Scope
Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,446 Scope online community team
January can be a really tough month to get through, so I thought it might be nice for us to share some lighthearted news stories from across the world.

Did you see this one about the man who found out a mouse was tidying his shed? He set up a camera after noticing things were moving about overnight. Turns out a little mouse was tidying things up for him. 

I've also read that the London Mayor is thinking about putting control panel stickers and cardboard steering wheels on the Docklands Light Railway trains. These are usually driverless trains, so people already love to scramble into the front seats and pretend they're driving. He says it will be fun "for the children" to have the extra realism to imagine they're driving the train. I have a feeling it won't just be the children who enjoy it :D 

And there was this one too. People in Brazil reported that they saw some kind of 10 foot alien monster in the hills and caught it on video. Turns out it was just a basketball player on a hike.

Have you seen any more fun or positive news stories lately?
Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.