Post stroke rehab - need driving lessons before getting back on road in adapted car. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Post stroke rehab - need driving lessons before getting back on road in adapted car.

Options
Becka12
Becka12 Community member Posts: 3 Connected
Hello all, I am new on here. My father has been using driving as a motivation to get him through rehab post stroke and seizure, a year and half of physio and speech and language and he is doing amazingly well. I am trying to find out if anyone else has knowledge on how i can get him help to practise driving again? It isn't his physical strength i worry about in an adapted car but his awareness and speed of reactions, he would feel more confident having lessons and we all feel its almost like relearning to drive again for him post brain damage. I am hoping he will be able to drive again and he would love to achieve this. Any help gratefully received as I m learning as I go. Many thanks.

Comments

• michael57
    michael57 Community member Posts: 231 Pioneering
    Options
    hi just a thought i am a member of the stroke club not ever driving due to sight problems but could you not let him practice on the tv screen with a play station steering wheel game may help
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,572 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Did he report the stroke and seizure to DVLA?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.