Sheltered Housing/Support Services Mandatory — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Sheltered Housing/Support Services Mandatory

Options
noman
noman Community member Posts: 565 Pioneering
I'm trying to get a property (bungalow) through my local home finder, every bungalow/flat that gets advertised for minimum age 60 to bid on has "support services mandatory".

I have a bid on a bungalow at the moment and the support services are £25 per week,i don't need these services so if I was offered this property could I ask for them to be taken off? If not could I get help from UC or the council to pay for them?

£100 per month is a lot to fork out for something I don't need!

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,395 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You would not be able to claim for help with the charges for the support through UC. 

You can ask if they can remove those, the worst that can happen is they refuse. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • noman
    edited January 18
    Options
    I did think that poppy but just thought I would ask knowing you would answer and confirm my thought's!

Thanks as always for your knowledge on these matters!🙂
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Aww you're welcome! I really do hope that your bidding will eventually mean you're offered a new home! It happened to me, as you know.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • noman
    Options
    Just out of curiosity,i will reach retirement age in January 2026 which means UC will end, will the housing element go back to housing benefit from the council ?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    If you're single or living with a partner that will also be state pension age and above then yes UC will end. You will then need to make a claim for housing benefit.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.