Housing — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Housing

Options
kj1892
kj1892 Community member Posts: 32 Connected
Hi everyone I know it’s late but can’t sleep stressing out
anyway got a 14 year old daughter 4 year old daughter and a 3 year old boy the two youngest are sharing now my 14 year old has had a really difficult past few years (a situation involving a male family member who is a couple of years older) and needs her space my 4 year old is in school and as proper restless nights which wakes my boy up then there awake half the night so she’s going to school really tired now I can’t make the two girls share because of the situation and age difference but eventually the two girls will have to 
so does anyone know if there’s a way I could go about getting a 4 bed know rather than later and not have to go through this stress 
thanks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,394 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    In a previous thread back in October you said you’d been offered a 2 bed flat from social housing. Is that where you’re living now? 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Kimmy87
    Kimmy87 Community member Posts: 316 Pioneering
    edited January 22
    Options
    Currently the social housing and/or the benefits system isn't going to pay for or offer you a 4 bed property I'm afraid.

https://england.shelter.org.uk/housing_advice/benefits/how_many_bedrooms_you_can_claim_benefits_for

Given the age gap between your daughters it's quite possible your oldest daughter might leave home before they have to share, so while I appreciate you are struggling now maybe the future is not so bad. 

Is it possible to look at changing the bedroom routine to help the two youngest have a better nights sleep? 
  • kj1892
    Options
    Hi thanks for your reply no this situation is my ex and my my kids I’m trying to obtain information on what options if any 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,394 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I have to agree with kimmy here if it’s social housing then it’s very unlikely that they will agree to a 4 bed property. She would only be entitled to 3 bed. 

For privately renting she could have a 4 bed but would only be entitled to 3 bedroom rate if claiming for help with the rent. Whether she would be able to find a landlord is a whole other story. She would also be responsible for paying the shortfall of rent. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kj1892
    Options
    Rrr ok thanks for your reply i thought as much 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.