If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Editing comments

Options
2»

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,801 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Ada said:
    I deleted stuff I’ve written quite often. But not because it’s nasty or breaking rules. It’s because I am normally talking about my illnesses and by the time I get to the end. I don’t have the confidence to post it. As I don’t have the confidence in my ability to not appear a idiot. 
    especially if I feel unsupported or patronised Which seems often recently   
    @Ada sorry you sometimes feel that way
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,801 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    back to 60 minutes now
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• michael57
    michael57 Community member Posts: 265 Pioneering
    Options
    woodbine said:
    Ada said:
    I deleted stuff I’ve written quite often. But not because it’s nasty or breaking rules. It’s because I am normally talking about my illnesses and by the time I get to the end. I don’t have the confidence to post it. As I don’t have the confidence in my ability to not appear a idiot. 
    especially if I feel unsupported or patronised Which seems often recently   
    @Ada sorry you sometimes feel that way
    i wouldnt worry about it i delete a lot of my comments as i am and always have been a say it as i see it kinda guy black is black white is white apart from my hair 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,127 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I rather enjoy your comments @michael57 - I like people who say it how it is, so long as they're not going to say anything derogatory about another poster, rather instead comment on the content of their post!
    There's also the ability to 'save a draft,' which I do use, not least because my dratted (really beloved) cat has found the 'back space' button with her front paw, so I can lose nearly all of my intended post, & walks across my keyboard several times a day! 
    Sometimes I'm unsure whether to post something, so use the 'save a draft' function to leave it a while, or until the next day, then either post/delete it.
    You can always delete part of a comment before posting it, but I suppose being able to delete something after posting within 60 mins is helpful to some. Anyway, editing a post within 60 mins should soon be sorted for everyone.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,098 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 31
    Options
    Mine is also showing 1 hour now. I often edit comments because after I posted I often think of extra information. My fault for not reading through what I've typed before posting. I don't edit comments for any other reason. I have known myself to comment and save it as draft, I may post it at a later date or delete it completely. 

Although sometimes I find the ability to edit a comment only within 1 hour is frustrating but having said that I do agree with the teams reason for putting this in place.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Annieanxious
    Annieanxious Community member Posts: 47 Connected
    Options
    Please can someone explain how to edit a post for future reference please?
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,729 Scope online community team
    Options
    HI @Annieanxious no problem.  When you need to edit, if able to, you should have a little cog icon in the top right of the comment, click that, then just edit  and you can update things that way. 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Annieanxious
    Options
    There isn't a cog above the post I just made asking the question 
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,729 Scope online community team
    edited March 26
    Options
    Hey @Annieanxious the ability to edit comes with increased ranks, so I believe currently it's 100 points to be able to edit comments? It's something the team are discussing currently. 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Annieanxious
    Options
    Ah that explains it then. Thanks @Albus_Scope!
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.