Pip review Timeline

Topforbo
Topforbo Community member Posts: 14 Listener
I thought it would be helpful to post my review timeline for anyone waiting for their review. 
Current award was due to expire in September 23 and I got my review forms in January 23. I sent these back immediately and then got the standard "we have your review" texts every 12 weeks.
I was notified in November by Dwp that my review had been sent to IAS and they sent a text on 9th January with a video appointment for today, 23rd January.
My assessment was carried out by IAS Scotland (Motherwell) and lasted 30 minutes.
The assessor seemed very understanding and sensitive but I know that doesn't mean anything,  I will report back when I get a decision.

Comments

• bobby123
    bobby123 Community member Posts: 253 Empowering
    I had my review forms in march 2023 sent from back and on 2st April received a text saying we have your forms.
    12 week texts saying they have my form, in January 5th 2024my award was extended by 12 months and on 7th January had a paper based assesment.

My award went up from standard daily living to enhanced daily living, nothing for mobility. Award letter received 18th january

I can tell they rushed through mine as the summary at the end of the award letter was about 3 lines long

I'm not happy about no mobility but won't appeal it as don't want to lose my daily living.  I also asked to be given 5 years due to my conditions but they only gave me 3 years with 1 year backdated
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 3,684 Online Community Coordinator
    Thanks for posting your timeline @Topforbo, and welcome to the community :) Hope you're not waiting too long for a decision.

Sorry you didn't get the result you were looking for @bobby123, it can be such a frustrating process to go through.
  • Topforbo
    To update, I received a text 10 minutes after my assessment from DWP saying they have received my report and will be in touch in 6 weeks.  Is this positive or negative with the report being received so quick
  • Topforbo
    So following my review assessment on 23rd January I got the text this morning 9 days later saying my review is complete and I will get a decision letter in 2 weeks. This is really quick has anyone else had the review completed so quick after assessment and is this positive or negative.  Am I able to get the decision if I call them and if so what is the best number. Ta very much!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,054 Championing
    Sometimes they do make a decision very quickly after the assessment and it doesn’t mean anything other than a decision was made quickly.

Although the text advised not to ring them, you can ring anytime to ask what the decision is and they will tell you. Other than that you will need to wait for the letter. 

Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

Telephone: 0800 121 4433
    Textphone: 0800 121 4493
    Relay UK (if you cannot hear or speak on the phone): 18001 then 0800 121 4433
    British Sign Language (BSL) video relay service if you’re on a computer - find out how to use the service on mobile or tablet
    Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm

• Topforbo
    Thank you Poppy. I have called and they confirmed a letter was sent yesterday so they were able to tell me the decision. Standard living and enhanced mobility for an ongoing period, not sure how long that is, can you confirm please. This is the same as my existing award but as I reached pension age last year I wasn't sure how it would turn out.
    I am happy with that and am sharing as it is not all horror stories, even though I have had to wait a year.
  • poppy123456
    Ongoing means 10 years with a light touch review. Great news! 
  • Topforbo
    So I got my decision letter and was surprised I had been marked down on managing my toilet needs by removing my need for assistance. This is disappointing as this is the most personal and embarrassing part of my daily care. My difficulties are from having had a spinal cord tumour and all my mobility is severely restricted and although my award is the same I have decided to do an MR as the 2 extra points would give me enhanced daily rate. Anyone had any uccess in an increase just for the managing of toilet needs. I downloaded the form and gave my reasoning and sent it off today. Any idea on a time frame. 
    Thanks
  • poppy123456
    The most likely outcome of the MR will be the decision will remain the same as only about 23% of them change at this stage. 

There's more chance at Tribunal if you either appear in person or have a telephone/video hearing and then there's about a 68% success rate.

Timescales for MR decisions are up to about 12 weeks. 
  • Topforbo
    I sent my reconsideration form back a week ago, will I get a text acknowledging receipt like you do with your review if so how long does it take
  • poppy123456
    Sometimes but not always. 
  • Topforbo
    Hello to All. So I had a call this morning from a case manager just to ask a couple of questions and to clarify my comments on my MR form. It seemed quite positive but you never know.
    If my MR is approved will it be backdated to the reassessment date 7 weeks ago or is it from the MR date
    thanks

• poppy123456
    Potentially from when the original decision was made. 
  • Topforbo
    Would you get a call from DWP on a Saturday 
  • poppy123456
    Topforbo said:
    Would you get a call from DWP on a Saturday 
    Yes it does happen, sometimes they do work Saturdays. They would only ring if they have any questions to ask, otherwise they won't ring.  Did you have the decision on the MR after the phone call you had last month?
  • Topforbo
    No decision yet. I had a couple of texts to say the hope to look at my case by 14th April but nothing yet
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,511 Online Community Programme Lead
    I hope it isn’t too much longer for you @Topforbo
  • Topforbo
    Hello folks I finally got my MR response. I was on enhanced mobility and standard DLA at 11 points. I argued that my personal toilet care wasn't considered as necessary as i don't need help all the time. It took 2 additional calls from DWP to question me, from different people and I have to say being very aggressive and personal. I kept calm and stuck to my facts and was not vague with my anwers. I repeatedly said I can't do that when they tried to trip me up.
    I have now got enhanced DLA to go with the enhanced mobility and as I am just over pension age I have been awarded for an ongoing period and as Poppy says, this could be for 10 years. 
    It is a slog but I say to you all just give it a go.

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 3,684 Online Community Coordinator
    Glad you were able to get the result you were hoping for @Topforbo! Thanks for updating us.