Hi, my name is pewak! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is pewak!

Options
pewak
pewak Community member Posts: 23 Listener
I need help/advice about PIP please

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,808 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Advice being given on your other thread here. https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/114132/pip#latest

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,513 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hey @pewak and welcome to the community.

I see you've got some top advice on the other thread, but I just wanted to stop by and say hello.  If you need anything else, please just ask, we're all here to help. :) 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • pewak
    Options
    Thank you Albus,I would love to hear from people who have been in my situation but I don't think there will be many tbh as it seems quite rare that DWP appeal against a tribunal decision
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,513 Scope online community team
    Options
    Well it looks like the community have given you some good advice already, so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you. Please keep us updated! 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • pewak
    Options
    Thank you Albus,I have just phoned my Welfare rights rep up and she can't believe it!!! She too is going to get in touch with the courts to see what's going on
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,808 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You are correct and DWP don't very often request the SOR and ROP and it's even more rare that they appeal the decision. They can't appeal anyway without finding the error in law.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • pewak
    Options
    Hi Poppy thanks for that but I believe they only have a month to request SOR and it's now been nearly 3 months and they haven't requested them !
  • pewak
    Options
    Just an update, the dwp have had SOR for just over a month now and I haven't heard anything from them,do I have to phone them (which is impossible btw) or will they contact me. Will they ring or message or email does anybody know. Thanks everyone
  • pewak
    Options
    I phoned the DWP this afternoon,it took 59 mins to get through to someone !!!. What they told me is just unbelievable.  They said that they received SOR on 8th March but no one has read it yet !!!!. The case worker who is in charge of my case has gone off work on 23rd March either on holidays or sick,I just can't believe it. I believe they only have a month to appeal after receiving SOR which has now passed but the girl on the phone wasn't sure about that. She said she will get in touch with the line manager and ask him to sort it out. What else can go wrong ,17 months and counting

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.