Pip — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

pewak
pewak Community member Posts: 6 Listener
I could do with some help/advice regarding my PIP appeal please 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,285 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sure if you have questions to ask members will do their best to help
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• pewak
    pewak Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Ok here goes, I won my PIP tribunal,enhanced on both parts and I received my award letter a few weeks later. After about 4 weeks I had not received any payment from the DWP so I rang them and I was told that I should of received a letter stating that they were going to request a statement of reasons from the tribunal service and that they might appeal my award I didn't receive this letter so they sent a copy out. Fast forward to now which is nearly 3 months after I won the tribunal and still I've heard nothing so last week I phoned the tribunal services and asked what was going on. They looked at my files and said that the DWP haven't even requested a statement of reasons and I believe that they only have a month after my judgement to do this. I first put my claim in for PIP in November 2022 and have not received one penny off them.This has been going on for so long it's making me ill tbh. Has anyone had a similar experience or does anyone know how I stand or what I should do? The courts said they are going to pass it on to their Post Tribunal Team. Any help would be really appreciated thanks
  • Wilshyboy
    Wilshyboy Community member Posts: 248 Pioneering
    @pewak, Good morning, a few years back i had a problem with the fitness to work medical, I got a really bad assessor, i sent off e mails to everybody i could think of including the Minister for Health and my local MP, within 3weeks later a letter came from the House of Commons and my MP who was looking in to the matter and they would pay me for my expenses and paid me £50, soon after that another interview was booked with a lovely lady Doctor for the assessment,after taking 11minutes on a frame to get to her office instead of 2 for most others, she waited till i got my breath back, 10 minutes in she said I can stop now its obvious you're not fit for work and she finished her report and said this will be sent tonight.                        So i would say email you're local MP giving as much detail times and dates as you can, I cant guarantee he will help,if your MP is like mine you'll stand a chance of something being done, let me know how it goes.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 52,172 Disability Gamechanger
    I would ring PIP againt and ask for a further update. Tell them that you've contacted HMCTS and they informed you that no statement of reasons have been requested.

If you still don't have any joy then contact your local MP as Wilshyboy advised. You will need to tell them exactly what happened, what date the Tribunal made the decision and the fact you haven't received anything that's owed. They will contact PIP on your behalf. You will also need to make sure you give your name and address. https://www.parliament.uk/get-involved/contact-an-mp-or-lord/who-should-i-contact/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.