Pip - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

Options
2»

Comments

• pewak
    pewak Community member Posts: 23 Listener
    Options
    Hi Mizmoz,I have had my SOR through the post and I have read it about 5 times and for the life of me I can't see any errors of law but then again I'm no lawyer. The DWP have until the 8th of April to take it to the upper tribunal or pay me what they owe. As soon as I hear anything I will let you know
  • mizmoz
    mizmoz Community member Posts: 21 Connected
    Options
    Fingers crossed for you xx
  • pewak
    Options
    Hi,just an update ,the dwp have had SOR for just over a month now and I haven't heard anything back. I don't know if they contact me or I need to phone them (which is impossible btw,). How are you getting on Mizmoz
  • mizmoz
    Options
    Hey I was so lucky I think time wise .They have received the judge dealt with mine straight away .Dwp decided that my award good to go but sent it to dedt management. Now rang dedt management and they have sent my payment back to pip now as no money needs to be.taken off .So I am now at the final hurdle. Hope you get this sorted real soon .I did ring though a lot xxxx
  • pewak
    Options
    Did they contact you to say that they were going to award you the money or did you contact them. I just can't through to them x
  • mizmoz
    Options
    Hey I have called them on several occasions  xx
  • pewak
    Options
    I took your advice and phoned them this afternoon,it took 59 mins to get through to someone !!!. What they told me is just unbelievable.  They said that they received SOR on 8th March but no one has read it yet !!!!. The case worker who is in charge of my case has gone off work on 23rd March either on holidays or sick,I just can't believe it. I believe they only have a month to appeal after receiving SOR which has now passed but the girl on the phone wasn't sure about that. She said she will get in touch with the line manager and ask him to sort it out. What else can go wrong ,17 months and counting.
  • mizmoz
    Options
    It's  nightmare. They do only have 1 month to appeal .OK next time ask to speak to someone in the appeals team .Just in case they didn't do that today .Ring again tomorrow .Don't worry it will all work out its just horrible waiting .Xxx
  • mizmoz
    Options
    They will have to sort this out very quickly for you sending you big hugs xx
  • pewak
    Options
    Thanks Mizmoz,I'm hoping because they have gone over the month that they will have to pay up but I won't hold my breath x
  • pewak
    Options
    Hi Mizmoz,well after all the waiting I got a phone call from Dwp this morning and they are not appealing and will pay what's owed within a week. The relief is unbelievable, thanks for being there for me and good luck in the future x
  • mizmoz
    Options
    And thank you it was so good to find some one else who has been through exactly the same .Gave me hope .Look at us though we both got there and I still can't believe it my back pay will be in Monday I rang this morning and they told me when .So happy for you and good luck in the future as well xxx
  • pewak
    Options
    Hi Mizmoz did you receive your backpack yesterday?. The dwp said to me last Wednesday that they would pay me by tomorrow,I was just wondering if they leave it till the last minute x
  • pewak
    Options
    Sorry that was meant to say back pay
  • mizmoz
    Options
    Hey I did .It arrived on the day they said .Also I bank with Starling so that tls ne on the app about payments due to come in xx
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,547 Scope online community team
    Options
    Ace news @pewak hopefully the money will drop soon! It sounds like the case manager being off threw a fairly large spanner in the works, but I'm glad it's sorted now. :)
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • pewak
    Options
    Thanks Albus,the money is due tomorrow so I will hold my breath till then. Thanks to everyone at Scope for their kindness and support

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.