Pip tribuneral win, — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip tribuneral win,

Options
Ollyoyster
Ollyoyster Community member Posts: 348 Pioneering
Hello, i woukd just like to say a massive thank you to everyone on this site who has helped me, supported me and picked me up when i felt like giving up. Applied for pip 1st time got refused, applied for pip 2nd time and got 6 points, went to mr, no change, went to tribuneral and got 8 plus 12 points,,, it has been a very long time, but i honestly put it down to the help and support from tge peiple on this site that kept me going,, so thank you again ❤️👍😁,,,, and to all those in similar position,, do not give up 🙏xx

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,765 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Brilliant news about the decision! Can I just ask if you're claiming any other benefits, if so which ones? I also see from your other thread that your daughter does a lot of things for you. Does she work or claim benefits herself?

Also I noted that your award included Enhanced mobility. If you scored points here for the moving around part then this will automatically entice you to a Blue Badge. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ollyoyster
    Options
    Thanks poppy xx  my daughter is only 14,  she is amazing,  no i have not got any other benefits, and yes i have a blue badge now, and it has helped tremendously already 😊💙
  • LorriePhD
    LorriePhD Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Options
    I hope you don't mind me intruding on your post but I have a post of my own on here looking for participants for my PhD study (it has been verified by admins as a genuine study) and your experience is exactly the sort of thing I'm looking for. Would you consider taking part in an interview with me? It can be done by voice or video call and usually takes less than 30 minutes. If you're interested then I can send you a document that gives you details of my university, which you can use to verify that I'm a real PhD student. If you're not interested then I totally understand, and please feel free to ignore my comment. 
  • ladyluck
    ladyluck Community member Posts: 69 Courageous
    Options
    Congrats Olly on reaching your goal. It appears this whole system is set up to deter us from getting what is rightly ours in terms of finance and support. I hear of many people who give up at first and second refusal. Just ‘keep on keeping on’ is my advice. If you’re ill and unable work or have limited work because of illness, you shouldn’t have to jump through hoops ( not literally). I, personally have been to hell  and back with the whole system, but finally got there, albeit with no apology from the original decision makers. Good luck to you. There are so many lovely, supportive people on this site. It’s like a second family. 
  • Ollyoyster
    Options
    @ladyluck many thanks xx   i am still in shock tbh,, i havent git my official letter yet, i rang up hmrc  because my log in on seeing hiw claim was gettin on wasnt working, the lady said o i can see why, u are waiting for results she asked me if inwould like them e mailed over and obviously i said yes 😂,,, so i am just waiting now for next step, theres different answers as to whether i get letter or payment 1st,, i am just glad all the stress is over for now,,, next hurdle the operations 🙈🙉🥺xx
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,505 Scope online community team
    Options
    YAAAAAAAAY!  Oh I am over the moon for you @Ollyoyster, it's certainly been a long time coming. :)
    Make sure you get yourself a little treat when you can, you deserve it. :) 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Ollyoyster
    Options
  • Ollyoyster
    Options
     Thank you@Albus_Scope. Im rooting for @Rainbow116,, theyre next, everything crossed 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🌈
  • Albus_Scope
    Options
    And I'm sure they'll have a good outcome too, then there can be a joint party! 
    Albus (he/him)

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Ollyoyster
    Options
    I have ust had a phone call feom pip asking me about banj details and if i have been out country etc,, it is really happening isnt it,, still cant believe it after all this time xxxx
  • Ollyoyster
    Options
    Just got a letter from tribuneral, saying about my award,, is this the official reward letter or is that one feom pip??? Does anyine knkw pls xx
  • Albus_Scope
    Options
    You should also receive a letter from the DWP @Ollyoyster just so you can see in double that it finally happened. :)
    Albus (he/him)

Neurodivergent.
  • Ollyoyster
    Options
    @Albus_Scope 🤣😂🤣🤣  thank you, so is that the official letter off dwp x
  • Rainbow116
    Rainbow116 Community member Posts: 128 Courageous
    Options
     Thank you@Albus_Scope. Im rooting for @Rainbow116,, theyre next, everything crossed 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🌈
    Thank you - I hope so too I scored 6 for daily living and 4 for mobility .. just hope that they award me more points at my tribunal.  Every night I’m struggling to sleep thinking about it all 

with dyslexia, ptsd, anxiety I really didn’t explain myself very well on paper until CAB held me after my MR was refused, and worried about how I’ll be at the tribunal vocalising it all as well as managing my mobility issues x 
  • Rainbow116
    Options
    And I'm sure they'll have a good outcome too, then there can be a joint party! 
    That would be lovely 🤞🤞
  • Ollyoyster
    Options
    @Rainbow116 pls pls pls  do not worry,, the people there are lovely and, they said to me a few times, they are not anythingbto do with dwp,, and they are completely neutral...truth be told, I had a melt down in middle of mine, as some stuff was brought up that triggered my ptsd and anxiety off,, they were brilliant, really chilled and let me compose myself, they were ace,  i think they read your notes see who you are and they will know your telling truth,, and i think they are really fair and listened, i didnt even refer to any of my notes not knce.  They have all the evidence in frony of them already ref docs medical notes etc. Mine lasted about an hour but it flew by,  and i came out of there not knowing my result but i felt happy i was treated like a human,, please do not worry xx
  • Ollyoyster
    Options
    I think i coped as i now think to myself,, what is the worst that can happen,,, i think this now for a lot of things and it works,,   think black and white,, i know everyone different i understand but see if it helps x    i tried the other method of distraction ie visualise how to make something feom scratch, to completely take your mind off the moment when it gets too much, but i prefer the black and white method 😉
  • Rainbow116
    Options
    Thank you @Ollyoyster for the reassurance xx  please stay around so I can share my result with you when I get it 🤞
  • Ollyoyster
    Options
    Youve got  this, you have come this far, done the hard part,   think black and white 🙂,,, all will be well 👌x
  • gloriacun23
    gloriacun23 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Options
    Hi Olly. I’m really glad to hear that you got a positive result in the end.it sounded like a real ordeal! 
     Can I just ask how long it took to get your date for the tribunal. I first applied for PIP for myself in Sept 2022, in January 2023 got the decision letter and was awarded 0 points, submitted the MR but they did not change the decision. I lodged the appeal on 8th June 2023, have had DWP response and my court bundle etc but haven’t heard anything about a date yet. It’s been almost 7 months since lodging the appeal. Just wondering how long you waited? 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.