Hi, my name is Lawhite0151!type 3 achalasia a disability?and has anyone had POEM or Fundoplication? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Lawhite0151!type 3 achalasia a disability?and has anyone had POEM or Fundoplication?

Options
Lawhite0151
Lawhite0151 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi guys, I have been suffering from achalasia for the past year. Have just found out that I have type 3, Had balloon dilatation 30% but it’s literally only worked by 30%. Consultant has sent me a letter that they are not going to try again with dilation and consulting with surgeons to decide weather to to perform POEM or Fundoplication. Has anyone had either of these procedures? Is this classified as a disability in the UK (as it takes me so long to eat, sometimes I literally can’t eat and drink for days to the point I was going to go to A&E) also I’m always so tired 

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,548 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hey there @Lawhite0151 and a belated welcome to the community. :)

I cant give any answers to your questions, but I thought I'd let you know I'll just rename and move your post into a different category, so more people in the know will be able to see and hopefully offer some support. I hope that's ok? 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.