Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Free webinars during National Apprenticeship Week
Disability Rights UK has partnered with Amazing Apprenticeships and the BBC to present two webinars during National Apprenticeship Week
Monday 5th February at 1pm.
Amazing Apprenticeships and Disability Rights UK
Join this webinar on the first day of National Apprenticeship Week 2024 to hear from Disabled apprentices, and those with learning differences, sharing what works when it comes to supporting apprentices with additional needs.
Link to join the webinar: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_NJ7A5llYThmOSxyIuHpJ-Q#/registration
Tuesday 6th February 17:30-18:30
Disabled Apprentice Lived Experience Panel
As part of National Apprenticeship Week, the BBC and Disability Rights UK are partnering to present a disabled apprentice ‘lived experience panel’.
Hosted by disabled apprentices across the UK, as well as across different sectors and industries, they will tell their stories of early careers and how they’ve come to their various apprenticeship schemes.
This session is an opportunity to celebrate the success within the community of disabled apprentices, spotlight the networks there to support them, and highlight resources available to disabled people newly entering, or re-entering, the workforce.
This session will also explore the challenges that people have faced, in education and the workplace and the barriers and solutions that disabled people still encounter every day.
This webinar is your opportunity to ask questions about what it’s like to join an apprenticeship as a disabled person and learn about the various means of support you can get.
Link to join the webinar: https://bbc.zoom.us/j/93475038489
Specialist Information Officer and Cerebral Palsy Programme Lead
Want to tell us about your experience in the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
- All Categories
- 13.2K Start here and say hello!
- 6.8K Coffee lounge
- 85 Games lounge
- 472 Cost of living
- 4.5K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.9K Research and opportunities
- 226 Community updates
- 9.5K Talk about your situation
- 2.1K Children, parents, and families
- 1.6K Work and employment
- 797 Education
- 1.7K Housing and independent living
- 1.4K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 644 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 372 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 818 Transport and travel
- 31.5K Talk about money
- 4.5K Benefits and financial support
- 5.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 16.9K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 4.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 6.4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.8K Cerebral palsy
- 873 Chronic pain and pain management
- 177 Physical and neurological impairments
- 1.1K Autism and neurodiversity
- 1.2K Mental health and wellbeing
- 326 Sensory impairments
- 825 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions