Savings over £6000 unreported — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Savings over £6000 unreported

doadf Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi, I have realised that my savings have been over £6000 but under £16000 for several months. I am on UC with housing element and LCWRA. How do I report this correctly? I am quite anxious.


  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,623 Disability Gamechanger
    You can report this in your online journal with UC.

    The cost of living payments should be removed from your overall total.  As should your most recent UC payment.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,658 Disability Gamechanger
    You may have to repay the money you shouldn't have been getting plus perhaps a £50 "fine", it will depend how much you were over £6k and for how long
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,298 Disability Gamechanger
    Log into your journal, if you have one and “report a change of circumstances.” Look through the list and you will see “savings and investments” click that and report it through there. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.