Hi, my name is finny81!has anyone else ever had a paper based assessment? Is this good or bad? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is finny81!has anyone else ever had a paper based assessment? Is this good or bad?

Options
finny81
finny81 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited February 2 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello,

Any advice would be grateful.

I applied for pip Nov 2023 and had a paper based assessment last Thursday. I wasn’t aware I was having one, I was advised because of my mental health it would not be deemed appropriate to have a f2f or telephone assessment. 
I was asked just to clarify a couple of things on the phone with the support of my husband. Friday morning I received a text from DWP stating they had my written report. 

I really anxious and worried and has anyone else ever had a paper based assessment? Is this good or bad? 

Thanks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,659 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The majority of the time it's a good thing but if awarded it's doesn't mean the award would be correct. Although it has been known for someone to be refused but it's rare. 

Timescales for decisions after the report was returned is up to 12 weeks. Once the decision is made if you're not happy you can challenge that decision. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • finny81
    Options
    Hi poppy 

Thank you for your response. I’m hoping it’s a good sign as I really don’t want to go through the appeal process if not awarded. I read via online I could request a copy of my report, which I have done. Whether this helps I’m not sure. 

Thanks 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Requesting the report very often causes even more needless anxiety for many people. Please remember that the report isn't the decision, it's a recommendation only. Whilst they mostly go with it, it has been known for them to go against it. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • finny81
    Options
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,439 Scope online community team
    Options
    Heya @finny81 and welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to hear about the confusion, but I'm glad Poppy has been able to help you already. :)

Is there anything else we can support you with today?  If not, maybe have a look in the Coffee Lounge or  Games Room to help take your mind off things for a bit? 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • finny81
    Options
    I was just wondering also, I receive LCWRA, do DWP look at this to and perhaps considered I have been assessed for this also. I appreciate their two different assessments and are based on a different criteria, however just wondered if it would support my pip application if they were to check, as when I rang to request an application the call centre asked if I was in receipt of LCWRA. Does this sound right? 

Thank you 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    No, they don’t often check because as you said they are 2 completely different benefits. Claiming one doesn’t automatically entitle you to the other. 
  • finny81
    Options
    Hi Poppy,

Thank you!

just wonder why I was asked if I was in receipt of LCWRA when I requested an application. 

Thank you for your help and replies. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    No idea why you were asked that to be honest.

• finny81
    Options
    Hello again. 

Apologies for all the questions. I received my assessment report today and if understood correctly I have used the descriptor points system (not sure if that’s correct wording). I scored 13 points for daily living and 10 for mobility. Should I take this as a good sign, although I am aware I still need to await DWP final decision. 

Thanks 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    That indicates Enhanced daily living and standard mobility. Mostly they go with the report but it has been known for them to go against it, though it's rare. Now you just need to wait for the decision.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.