If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP review assessment

Options
2»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,065 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Your next step is to request the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) within 1 month of the date of the decision. You should put this in writing, (please do not ring to request it) stating where and why you think you should have scored those points. 

When you filled out the form if you didn't give a couple of real world examples of exactly what happened the last time you attempted each descriptor that applies to you then you should do that now. Adding detailed information such as where you were, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tbo55ie805_
    Tbo55ie805_ Community member Posts: 19 Listener
    Options
    Hi Poppy, 

thank you for your quick response I appreciate it. Are you able to email me so I can send the report to you directly so you have a look if there’s any coming back from it ? 

Thanks. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I'm sorry but I do not give advice through private message, I only give advice on the forum. The scope team do not support giving such advice through a PM. Not only that, I really don't have the time to start advising people through PM as well as here on the forum. 

I have health conditions myself and the advice I give here is freely in my own spare time. 

For the MR it's fine to mention a couple of obvious errors in the report but then put it to one side and forget about it. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Tbo55ie805_
    Options
    Hi there ,
    I sent my mandatory reconsideration on Monday and wasn’t sure if they received it so called and to my dismay the person I spoke to said they needed to ask me a few questions but not the descriptors and yes they had received it and need to log it in. 
    I was so stressed and said can I call back he restored me that not to worry he needs to know the date I received the discision markers report and who can they call as a rep and if there was anything else’s I wanted to tell them. I said everything what on the form and gave them someone who knows me as a rep. Then I received a text to say you’ve asked us to look at the decision again and will write one this is done. Taking 8 wks. 
    Poppy I know you said don’t call , will this go against me? 
    I was so stressed about that the call handler even apologised for for putting me through the stress. 
  • Tbo55ie805_
    Options
    Or does anyone know if it will go against me. Thank you .
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Hi there ,
    I sent my mandatory reconsideration on Monday and wasn’t sure if they received it so called and to my dismay the person I spoke to said they needed to ask me a few questions but not the descriptors and yes they had received it and need to log it in. 
    I was so stressed and said can I call back he restored me that not to worry he needs to know the date I received the discision markers report and who can they call as a rep and if there was anything else’s I wanted to tell them. I said everything what on the form and gave them someone who knows me as a rep. Then I received a text to say you’ve asked us to look at the decision again and will write one this is done. Taking 8 wks. 
    Poppy I know you said don’t call , will this go against me? 
    I was so stressed about that the call handler even apologised for for putting me through the stress. 

No, it won't go against you. They will eventually receive the letter you sent so all is not lost. Decisions can take up to 12 weeks, rather than the 8 weeks you were advised. 
  • Tbo55ie805_
    edited March 14
    Options

This is the text I received,  is it just standard ? 

You've asked us to look at our recent PIP decision again. We will write to you once we've done this. As a guide you should hear from us within 8 weeks. You don't need to contact us unless any of the details you gave have changed. Thank you.

[Removed by moderator]

• Tbo55ie805_
    Options
    Hi Poppy thanks for reaching out. Hope you are well ? 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Tbo55ie805_

That is a standard text. Keeping everything crossed for you :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Tbo55ie805_
    Options
    Hello @Hannah_Scope, thank you so much or reaching out. We can only have a fingers and toes crossed that something positive will come out of this MR. ☺️
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.