Pip phonecall insight — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip phonecall insight

Options
missypinks
missypinks Community member Posts: 49 Listener
Hi again, after talking to my therapist yesterday I finally plucked up the courage to ring pip , I got through to a lady who sounded like it was someone from the call centre and asked if I could speak to a decision maker, she asked why and that my Mr wasn't ready to be looked at untill March and I tried to explain I wanted to speak to them after being very upset over the report and wanted to make sure my Mr was looked into correctly, anyway I was getting upset and she said hang on let me try and put you through... but I wad too upset and didn't hear who she was putting me through too, any way I was on hold then a nice gentleman answered and seemed very understanding and waited for me to calm down to be able to explain the different things I disagreed with and the inconsistencies in report and he said we need to know these things because the lies make us look bad aswell, he really seemed to listen and 
Said let me look at the info you have sent in and then said he has a had a quick look through parts of my Mr and said look it's about 10 pages long and you have added alot of information on it looks like you have done a good job, at this point I was still sobbing and shaking, he kept reassuring me that my Mr was informative and correct evidence was sent , I sent my Mr hand written and was wondering if this was put onto a screen that he could see or would my actual pieces of paper I sent be infront of him , because I was so upset and couldn't catch who she put me thru too I was wondering could this of been my actual case worker or just someone from dwp who could see my Mr on a screen , I think because I sent it in paper written was wondering if it was tje person dealing with my actual case who had my details. Thankyou

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,892 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    When you send anything to DWP it will be scanned onto the system, rather than refer to appear copies. 

Yes it is a call centre you rang and this applies to all DWP departments. 

I’m afraid I couldn’t tell you who you were speaking to I’m afraid. Once the decision is made you will be contacted. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • missypinks
    missypinks Community member Posts: 49 Listener
    Options
    Because I asked to speak to a case manager and she put me thru to someone I was just wondering what the chances were she actually put me through to a decision maker or was it someone else , why didnt I just ask .. I was just too upset
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,892 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes I know you asked but I can’t tell you if it actually was a decision maker/case manager. Sometimes members have said they’ve been put through if they ask. 

As they scan everything onto the system then anyone can see it. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.