Cost of living — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Cost of living

Options
xJIMx
xJIMx Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi friends I’ve got a question needing answer? 
iv recently changed the way I recive my benifits to(PES) payment exception service  active from 2nd feb and changed address.will this delay cost of living payment? as I’ve had last 5 COL payments the 2nd day it’s rolled out I’ve contacted COL AND UC with no help gone round in circles with them. I’m eligible to receive COL ,anyone?
THANKS for your Time and reply 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,808 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I would assume you will receive it in the same way you usually receive your benefits payments, whether that’s a payment card or voucher code through email or text. 

It c an be anytime up until 22nd Feb so if you don’t receive it by then there will be a link on the gov.uk website to report a missing payment. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • xJIMx
    Options
    Thanks got feeling something is wrong 
  • Paul1957
    Paul1957 Community member Posts: 10 Connected
    Options
    xJIMx said:
    Doubt if the change of address will make any difference but changing the way you get paid your benefits could delay it. I haven't received mine yet either. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    xJIMx said:
    There’s still plenty of time left to receive it. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Strawberry1
    Strawberry1 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 2,569 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    This is probably miniscule but to help with not paying more than is necessary and making something last a little longer I've found alot of clothes washing liquids are concentrated and create too much soap suds in the washer . I got a eye wash container and put a small amount into that and I find it plentiful enough to wash the clothes with . The washer is not over flowing with soap suds . The laundry detergent lasts a lot longer.  I'm not sure if my idea has already been tried out by anyone but it's a good way of making this item last a little longer.  Apologies if this is not helpful. 
  • xJIMx
    Options
    Yeah haven’t received COL Payment, knew something was wrong, reported it missing Today. Anyone else missing there’s and know how long this missing process can take? Because I’ve changed way I’ve been paid I bet ,notified col and uc about it
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I hope they get back to you about it soon @xjimx
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    xJIMx said:
    Yeah haven’t received COL Payment, knew something was wrong, reported it missing Today. Anyone else missing there’s and know how long this missing process can take? Because I’ve changed way I’ve been paid I bet ,notified col and uc about it
    Contacting UC isn't going to help. The only way is to report the missing payment through this link. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/cost-of-living-payment#report-a-missing-cost-of-living-payment

Then you need to wait for them to pay it. Having said that, are you 100% sure you qualify? Receiving the previous ones is not indication that you were entitled to the final one. 
  • xJIMx
    Options
    Hello friends hope your all good, I really need some information help, I reported my missing COL payment on 22nd feb  and they replied this statement “.  Your cost of living payment was issued to the account you were using to receive your payment for the assessment period that ended in the period 13 November 2023 to 12 December 2023.
      If you no longer have access to this account please contact the bank that this account was with to discuss as the payment has not been returned to us”         I called them on the 8th February and updated UC and COL that I’ve recently changed bank details and it was active on 7th December to receive my UC benefits . I I was told on the 8th I would recive COL payment on the new bank account provided. I’ve checked bank account and payment has not arrived and can send them statements to prove it. Don’t seem to get help from them just saying phone bank to recover it as it’s not bounced bk but definitely not there. Don’t know what to do after send statements. Now there saying today it could have been sent to previous account wich I’ve no access to. Sorry I’m all over the place here. Going around in circles with them.  Any advice help please. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    As them which bank account it was sent to and they you can speak to that bank. Usually if a payment is sent to a closed. bank account it should bounce back to them. If it's been sent to the bank that's still open then you can send a bank statement to prove you didn't receive it. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.