If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

To send or not to send supporting letter from a health practitioner for PIP Review Claim?

Options
hengster
hengster Community member Posts: 19 Connected
Hi all, 

I am sending through further supporting evidence for My PIP award Review. When made my inital PIP claim I had a complementary health practitoner write a supporting letter for my PIP claim. However, I noticed in the PIP Award Form it say sto NOT send a supporting letter from your GP. Does this mean that DWP does not want supporting letters from any health practioners or can I still seek a supporting letter from a complemtary health practioner ?

I'd like to know as if I do seek supporting letter from a complemntary health practitoner it would mean I need to pay alot for it. It would not be worth me doing this, if DWP dont accept thisi for the PIP award review, but seem to accept it for the initial PIP claim.

I was awarded PIP by the HM Courts First Tier Tribunal but has a 4 yr time limit.

It would be good to know what others have done for their PIP Review Claim.

Thanks!

Rachel

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,812 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I always treat a review and always advise anyone else to treat a review like a new claim, I would say that a letter from a GP is usually a waste of time as they might know what's wrong with you but not how your are affected on a daily basis, I certainly wouldn't pay anyone for a letter you could put their name and contact details and let them ask for a letter but they rarely do. It's more important how you describe how you are affected in relation to the PIP descriptors.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• WhatThe
    WhatThe Community member, Scope Member Posts: 1,009 Pioneering
    Options

I was awarded PIP by the HM Courts First Tier Tribunal but has a 4 yr time limit.

Attach and reference a copy of the HMCTS Decision Notice in your statement.

No supporting letters it says.

• hengster
    hengster Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    Options
    Thanks, I have had letter from complementary health practitoner that inidcates how my health impacts some of the PIP descriptors which hopefully should be helpful. I will also attach HMCTS decision notice - but the notice expires on same day as when pip review claim is due anyway.

• WhatThe
    WhatThe Community member, Scope Member Posts: 1,009 Pioneering
    Options

Hi hengster, the Decision Notice is to inform/remind the DM that you are already entitled and not a new claimant. 

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.