LCWRA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA

Options
courtjohns
courtjohns Community member Posts: 16 Listener
edited February 13 in Universal Credit (UC)
Good afternoon all,so last September I was awarded the standard limited capability and today I received my award letter for LCWRA after a reassessment as my illness has got worse,the last fit note I handed in was in November and that’s when I asked to be re assessed due to my illness getting worse and my fit note stating that,does that mean my 3 month period would be nov-dec,dec-jan,jan-Feb will I get a payment this month or should I expect it next month? My assessment period don’t end till the 18th of February 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,503 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If your last fit note was in November 2023, when did that fit note end? When reporting changes to your health condition you're supposed to continue to send fit notes until a new decision is made on your WCA. 

As you were already found to have LCW, when reporting changes the extra money is paid from the assessment period in which you reported changes but the fit notes much be continuous, without any gaps. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • courtjohns
    Options
    My fit note doesn’t end till march so it’s a continuous one so it is from the 11/11/2023-12/03/2024 that’s why I haven’t needed to send in a new one 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Thanks, that makes sense. That means your first payment will be AP 19th Oct to 18th Nov and first payment will be 25th Nov. Money owed will be paid separately to your usual monthly money and often takes quite a few weeks to pay it. 

Make sure you check your next statement to make sure the element is included.

Please be aware also, UC are well known for getting this wrong and they may tell you that it will be from the assessment period in which the decision was made. This is incorrect. It's from the assessment period in which you reported the changes or provided a fit note to support those changes. There's no waiting period was going from LCW to LCWRA. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • courtjohns
    Options
    Thank you for your help,so it could still be a couple of months till I get my first payment? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    If they get it right then first payment should show in this months statement. If it doesn't then you will need to chase it up. 
  • courtjohns
    Options
    good evening,so they are now trying to say it’s from when I’m awarded not from when my fit note was handed in,this is what was wrote on my journal “ Hi Courteney,
      LCWRA is put into payment a full 3 assessment periods from the date that it is awarded.
    There is an underpayment to be processed and a letter outlining the details of the underpayment will be attached in your UC journal shortly.” 

• poppy123456
    Options
    Yes, exactly as I thought would happen. You need to put a message onto your journal under the payment section and remind them that you actually reported changes to your health condition and provided fit notes from X date. Remind them that you did previously have LCW and because you reported changes the extra money is paid from the assessment period in which you reported those changes. 

The waiting period only applies to your first assessment. If they still say there's a 3 month waiting period then you will need to request the Mandatory Reconsideration. (MR)

One day they may actually get this correct... it's very frustrating to think after more than 10 years of UC they still don't understand their own rules. 
  • courtjohns
    Options
    Sorry to bother you again but what does underpayment mean? Does that mean I haven’t been getting the right amount of uc money?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Yes that’s what it means. Although they are still incorrect because as I advised there’s no waiting period because you said you already had LCW before the new decision was made.
  • courtjohns
    edited February 13
    Options
    I got lcw on the 14th of September,my mental health then go worse and they requested a fit note stating that my condition had got worse so I did I sent it on the 14th of November I then was re assessed on the 6th of febuary and then awarded LCWRA on the 10th and they are now saying it’s going to take 3 months from the award letter so the 10th of febuary and I’ve been underplayed? I’ve said that this isn’t correct and it should be from when I sent in the medical evidence in November and they are insisting it is correct so do I go for a MR? two 

• poppy123456
    Options
    I would advise you to edit that comment above and remove the screenshots because I can see your full name and address. This is a public forum so you need to be very careful of posting personal information to protect your identity. It’s also against the forum rules.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    If you put a message on your journal under the payment section then a case
    man should see it. If they still come back and tell you there’s a waiting period then request the MR. 
  • courtjohns
    Options
    Oh no how do I edit it? I’m so sorry I didn’t realise 
  • courtjohns
    Options
    I would like to remove it does anyone know how too?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I realised that as a new member you can't edit your own comments yet. I have reported it to a member of the scope team so once they see it they will remove it or edit it. Unfortunately this may not be until tomorrow morning now when a member of the team start work. 
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,345 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @courtjohns, I have removed the personal information for you :)
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.