If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessment help.

Options
Lsecrets
Lsecrets Community member Posts: 21 Listener
Hi

I had my assessment via telephone yesterday and the lady was running two hours late. When she called the first thing she said to me was I apologise, I was having trouble finding your paperwork and forms. during the call. I noticed she had no idea what my conditions was or any of my diagnosis and was asking questions, but getting in a muddle with what she was writing, so I had to keep trying to correct her. She was also saying things like oh, you can manage bills you've written which I hadn't, and then she would say maybe that's me maybe that's my mistake. we was on the phone call for two hours and at the end she was making me name all of my conditions and how they affect me even though we had just gone through everything. I did ask her if she received all my evidence and forms and she said yes, but I'm sure she hadn't read anything or had the right form that I'd filled out. Now I'm really worried about the outcome and what I should do. Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,546 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @Lsecrets. Sorry to hear that you're worried about your pip assessment and your assessor didn't seem organised. It's difficult to say whether this will affect the outcome or not, but it's understandable that you're feeling worried by it. Have you received a text to say your report has been received?

Perhaps you could request a copy of your report to see what was written down and go from there :)

I'm sure some of our other members have been through similar things and can offer some advice too.
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Lsecrets
    Lsecrets Community member Posts: 21 Listener
    Options
    Hi @Rosie_Scope

Yes I received that at 8am this morning.
    if I receive a copy and notice things that are incorrect can I ask for it to be changed before a decision is made.

Thank you for your reply I really appreciate it. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,133 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Lsecrets said:
    Hi @Rosie_Scope

Yes I received that at 8am this morning.
    if I receive a copy and notice things that are incorrect can I ask for it to be changed before a decision is made.

Thank you for your reply I really appreciate it. 
    You can’t specifically ask for things to be changed in the report because that’s not possible. 

You can ring PIP to ask to speak to a decision maker and you can tell them your thoughts. 

Please remember that the report is not the decision, it’s a recommendation only. They do mostly go with it but it has been known for them to go against it. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.