PIP review times — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP review times

Options
niknak7278
niknak7278 Community member Posts: 85 Pioneering
Hi all 👋 

I woke this morning to a text message from PIP telling me my daughter’s reviews complete and to expect a letter within two weeks etc.

Review text received Nov ‘23, forms received December with a deadline of 24th December, extension granted to 24th January.  Forms completed with medical evidence on 18th.

Original award for two yrs: Enhanced care/standard mobility.

Could this text message be a mistake as we never received notification that they’d received the review forms?

Thank you.
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,691 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It’s unlikely to be a text sent in error. They don’t always send a text to say they received the forms. 

They may have also make a decision on paper alone without even sending anything to the assessment providers, which they do sometimes but it’s rare. 

For reviews files are sent to the decision maker before sending to the assessment providers to see if a decision can be made without having to do that.

You can ring them anytime to ask what the decision is and they will you, even though the text advises not to ring them. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • niknak7278
    Options
    It’s unlikely to be a text sent in error. They don’t always send a text to say they received the forms. 

They may have also make a decision on paper alone without even sending anything to the assessment providers, which they do sometimes but it’s rare. 

For reviews files are sent to the decision maker before sending to the assessment providers to see if a decision can be made without having to do that.

You can ring them anytime to ask what the decision is and they will you, even though the text advises not to ring them. 
    Hi Poppy, 

Thank you so much for the info, do you know if the PIP automatic line still tells you your next payment amount and date?  I tried to access it this morning but the message was refer you to bank statement.

Thank you again.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Yes it will but it’s known for giving incorrect information so you shouldn’t rely on it. It’s better to ring them. 

I’m sure there’s nothing to worry about at all. 

I remember back in 2021 when my daughter had her review. I returned the forms and about 2 weeks later received a letter with the decision. I knew it just wasn’t possible for them to have received the form and make a decision within such a short space of time. They made a decision based on the previous review and her award remained the same but for 6 years. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • niknak7278
    Options
    I received a text messsge from the DWP this morning about my daughters ESA - we’ve not contacted ESA ourself and just wandered if this was as a result if get PIP review or in error?

• poppy123456
    Options
    Sometimes a new decision made on a review for PIP will flag as a change for the ESA. The text you received from ESA must be a new thing that they do because I've never personally received any texts regarding my ESA claim. 

If you're concerned the only way to know what's happened is to ring ESA and ask. 
  • niknak7278
    Options
    Thank you so much Poppy.  I really appreciate your opinion.

If the text is indicative of a change I’m hoping for enhanced mobility for her and not a reduction in daily living

Not long to wait. 🤞 

• poppy123456
    Options
    A change doesn’t mean there’s a different PIP award. Just a new decision on a review can often mean the system has detected there’s been a change. 
  • niknak7278
    Options
    Okay I  understand now.  Thank you very much.
  • niknak7278
    Options
    I’ve just checked my daughter’s bank account and her ESA payment appears as  JSA for the usual amount.

• poppy123456
    Options
    JSA next to the payment means it's been paid manually rather than automatically, like usual. It doesn't mean anything other than that. Her next payment will appear as normal with ESA next to it. It does suggest that it was suspended due to detecting a change, which would have been the new PIP decision. 
  • niknak7278
    Options
    Ahhhh, well that’s interesting to know.

I phoned the automated line this morning and her next PIP payment is the same which is reassuring.

Hopefully the decision letter will arrive soon to confirm award length.

Thank you again Poppy.
  • niknak7278
    Options
    Her awards been extended for another 6 years.

Thank you again Poppy!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.