Need help with garden. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Need help with garden.

Options
simmyt1996
simmyt1996 Community member Posts: 9 Connected
Hi everyone, i am heartbroken that my lovley mum died in April last year. I am mentally and physically disabled (autism, anxiety, learning difficulties, speech difficulties and have to use a walking stick). My mum was also disabled(arthritis) however she and both of us have always tried to be independent. However the garden is overgrown front and back i do not have enough money to hire a gardener and could do with help. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,765 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You can try speaking to your local Authority and there maybe some help available to you. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Sioned
    Sioned Community member Posts: 15 Connected
    Options
    Very sorry to hear you lost your Mum. That's hard.

Thrive is an organisation that provides a lot of advice and information about gardening and disability. It might be worth contacting them to see if they have any suggestions. Their website is https://www.thrive.org.uk/

In some places there are gardening projects that help people with disabilities with their garden. For example Brunswick Organic Nursery in York does this. There is a charge I believe, but they might have ideas on how to fund it. Even if you aren't in that part of the country it might be worth contacting them to ask them if they know of any similar projects in your area. Here's their website https://www.brunswickyork.org.uk/

Hope you find a way of getting some help in your garden. Let us know how you get on!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.