Carers element & Minimum income floor — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Carers element & Minimum income floor

londonlife Community member Posts: 3 Listener

Hi four queries :) 

1) Does carers element being awarded to one partner on a joint claim make any difference to the minimum income floor for that partners self-employed job? 

2) Can a couple in a joint claim get carers element & lcwra in the same claim, if the carers element is for care given to the other partner on the claim? 

3) What are the best ways to request a new work coach due to persistent conflict & errors by a work coach? 

4) What is the most effective complaints procedure? Writing on the journal doesnt seem to get sensible replies 50% of the time or is just ignored. 


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,808 Disability Gamechanger
    1/ No, not if the partner that's self employed hasn't been found to have either LCW or LCWRA. 

    2/ Yes it's possible. Providing the person that's found to have LCWRA also claims a qualifying disability benefit such as PIP/ADP daily living or DLA mid/high rate care. The same person can't receive both carers element and LCWRA. 
    3/ You can either send a journal message or speak to the manager and your local job centre. Whether they agree with depend on the reasons why you want to change.

    4/ You can do that here.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.