Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Pip assessment

Options
Triby5467
Triby5467 Community member Posts: 29 Connected
Hi guys i had this text from pip. I got told i highly likely wont need an independent health assessment. I had to go through a tribunal 3 years ago to get awarded high rate for pip. I am stressed that i will have to have a face consultation and then another tribunal despite me sending in hard evidence. My mental health is deteriorating badly atm and i am worried this will send me over the edge. I already had my beta blockers upped cos the stress is impacting my heart condition. Has anyone had this on a review after a tribunal win? Thanks guys

Hello from Independent Assessment Services. We conduct Personal Independence Payment (PIP) assessments for the Department for Work and Pensions DWP. This is for information purposes only, to let you know that we are managing your PIP assessment. We will look at the available evidence and will contact you with an appointment if we need to have a consultation with you. You can find information about the service we provide at https://www.mypipassessment.co.uk. You do not need to contact us.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,481 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Who advised you that you highly likely won’t need an assessment? 

The majority of people have assessments and they are usually by telephone. If an assessment is needed and they send you an appointment for a face to face you can contact them and ask for a telephone assessment. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Triby5467
    Options
    Poppy a woman at pip. As my review was due oct she said its likely it wont need an assessment as they would of sent it sooner if so. Flipping a holes they are. But ill just hope for best
  • Triby5467
    Options
    Yes i will as i have complex ptsd and severe ocd. And my tourettes plays up when im stressed. Im gunna ask they do it via phone
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,481 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Triby5467 said:
    Poppy a woman at pip. As my review was due oct she said its likely it wont need an assessment as they would of sent it sooner if so. Flipping a holes they are. But ill just hope for best
    Ok so someone from the call centre who have very little knowledge or experience of PIP, other than to read from a screen. Sadly, their advice isn’t correct and they do often give incorrect advice. 

There are very long delays with reviews and some members have waited a year after returning their form. 

Your existing award will continue until a decision is made on your review. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.