Who arranges your blood test? - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Who arranges your blood test?

Options
13»

Comments

• rebel11
    rebel11 Community member Posts: 1,664 Pioneering
    Options
    Around 95% of clinical pathways rely on patients having access to pathology services. 500 million biochemistry and 130 million haematology tests are carried out per year. 14 tests for each person in England and Wales are performed annually. 300,000 tests are performed every working day. 50 million reports are sent from labs to GPs every year. https://www.rcpath.org/discover-pathology/news/fact-sheets/pathology-facts-and-figures-.html#:~:text=500 million biochemistry and 130,labs to GPs every year.
  • Amalegra
    Amalegra Community member Posts: 23 Courageous
    Options
    @rebel11 Deal :) Don’t know if I’m putting this in the right place but I had to reply to your kind enquiry. I live alone but I have three loving children who live near me. I have joined a breast cancer Facebook forum which is very supportive. I’ve just had surgery and am awaiting the results to see if the margins they sampled of the two areas of cancer I have are clear. I am still coming to terms with it and may well join a local in person group at some stage. Posting here helps too and reading about the brave and wonderful members who face their difficulties with such courage is inspirational. Thank you. 

@Amalegra I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Can I ask, are you getting support? 

• figraspberry41
    figraspberry41 Scope Member Posts: 13 Listener
    Options
    Hi, Thank you for sharing your diagnosis. It can be very daunting living alone and coping with a diagnosis such as yours. I'm pleased that your children are supporting you and that you have been able to reach out to an online forum. Do you have extra support from a Macmillan Nurse (or similar?) If it is any consolation, my mother has survived breast cancer for over 30 years. She had surgery when my younger son was only 9 days old and he will be 31 in October.  
    I wish you well, try to stay positive. There are more treatments available these days but let's hope the surgery alone has been successful. 

• Amalegra
    Amalegra Community member Posts: 23 Courageous
    Options
    Thank you for your concern and good wishes. I have not yet reached out to the MacMillan team but may well do when I am further along. I’m still trying to let it all sink in I think. An in person support group may well be a good idea for me although conversely, I don’t want to spend my whole time dwelling on it I think! I am the kind of person who likes to come to terms with the situation internally at first. Glad to hear of your Mum’s successful outcome. My mother too lived cancer free for 27 years after her initial diagnosis so I know there is lots of hope! 
  • figraspberry41
    figraspberry41 Scope Member Posts: 13 Listener
    Options
    Hi, 
    Each individual finds the recourse's and places / people that they are comfortable  "sharing" with in their own time, which makes us the individuals that we are! 
    Do things in your own time and on your terms! I am a retired Registered Nurse, so if you ever want someone that is not 'close' to you, I'm always willing to share anything (providing it does not break confidentiality / rules etc..) I am by no means an expert but draw on my many years of nursing experiences if you would like to. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.