UC help please — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

UC help please

Agnia
Agnia Community member Posts: 902 Connected
Please could you advise is it possible to have a someone who can login in to uc on my behalf instead of me due to anxiety and to help me to navigate it  thank you 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,806 Disability Gamechanger
    Some people who are unable to manage their claim have an appointee but I know you don't have anyone like this who could do that for you. 

Don't you have LCWRA? If so then there really shouldn't be anything for you to do when you log in, other than to report any changes as and when needed. What help do you want exactly? Maybe someone here can advise you. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Agnia
    To help me to log in to uc on my behalf when im not able due to anxiety 
  • poppy123456
    Agnia said:
    To help me to log in to uc on my behalf when im not able due to anxiety 
    There's really nothing for you to log in for when you have LCWRA. If you're not working then your UC payments should always stay the same so again there's nothing to check your statement for. 

If something does happen then you can always contact an advice agency to ask them for some help and support. 

I manage my daughter's claim and rarely log in for anything because there's nothing to do. The last time I logged in was about a month ago after reporting changes for a house move because I needed to claim for housing element for her for the first time. I logged into to check the award was correct. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Agnia
    Thank you , is it possible to have a someone who can do it on my behalf and will it be accepted by uc 
  • Agnia
    Someone who can manage it on behalf 
  • poppy123456
    Agnia said:
    Thank you , is it possible to have a someone who can do it on my behalf and will it be accepted by uc 
    As I advised, that would only be possible if you know someone that can help you. Do you know anyone?
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Agnia

I'm sorry it is causing you so much anxiety. I think Poppy's advice on an appointee or advice agency is a great route to go. 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • WhatThe
    WhatThe Community member, Scope Member Posts: 956 Pioneering

Agnia, the answer is no. It makes me feel ill to get a text from them to sign in. They know we can't deal with it but you have no commitments and you are lucky to have minimum requirements to receive payment.  

• Agnia
    it makes me ill to sign in and cause really high anxiety 
    im not able to fight for everything and people from organisation who said they will email me and they didn’t and for me it’s really hard to make a phone call 
  • Agnia
    i know one lady but she is busy , since i got ill my life is like a nightmare and hell im a burden yes im 
  • poppy123456
    Agnia said:
    it makes me ill to sign in and cause really high anxiety 
    im not able to fight for everything and people from organisation who said they will email me and they didn’t and for me it’s really hard to make a phone call 
    What help do you need with fighting? You've already been through the work capability assessment and have LCWRA so there's nothing to fight now. 

You have no work commitments so don't need to sign in to your journal, unless you get notification that there's a message, which will be quite rare anyway. 
  • Agnia
    im not able to chase people and like the lady from citizen advice said will email me and didn’t and other people as well 
    it’s really hard for me to make a phone call 
    im getting texts from uc to sign in 
  • Agnia
    if someone says to me that will email me in 10 mins and knowing im disabled i do believe that they do it and if they don’t do it after 2 or 3 days im feeling hopeless
    and when i asked people please could you email me if i don’t answer the phone call because im sleeping and im not ignoring them just sleeping and when they don’t email me im hopeless and im not able to fight everything and im really loosing hope 
  • poppy123456
    Agnia said:
    im not able to chase people and like the lady from citizen advice said will email me and didn’t and other people as well 
    it’s really hard for me to make a phone call 
    im getting texts from uc to sign in 
    What messages are you receiving on your journal, why are they asking you to sign in? You have no work commitments so the texts can't be because of that. 

I've just logged into my daughter's journal and the last message she had was asking her if she has a spare bedroom and does she need overnight care. This was because I reported changes and claimed housing element for her for our new home. Before that it was Aug 2023 when she had to accept her commitments. 
  • cashy69
    cashy69 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Hi just wondering if anyone can give me any advice 
    my daughter as been on universal credit for six months and lwcra for two month they have now messaged saying shes getting a review im her appointee and her money goes into my bank which they have known from the start ive sent a picture of her pass port then bank statements then they wanted a picture of her with her passport which was done and sent now its a phone interview she as aspergers and also bi polar her mental health is terrible and shes now convinced herself there taking it all of her is it really necessary for all this i understand they need to do a review but they keep asking for everything and no one even answers back on her journal when im leaving messages
  • poppy123456
    cashy69 said:
    Hi just wondering if anyone can give me any advice 
    my daughter as been on universal credit for six months and lwcra for two month they have now messaged saying shes getting a review im her appointee and her money goes into my bank which they have known from the start ive sent a picture of her pass port then bank statements then they wanted a picture of her with her passport which was done and sent now its a phone interview she as aspergers and also bi polar her mental health is terrible and shes now convinced herself there taking it all of her is it really necessary for all this i understand they need to do a review but they keep asking for everything and no one even answers back on her journal when im leaving messages
    This will be a standard review of her UC claim. They are reviewing claimants at random to check their UC claim is correct.

It's vital that you send them what they've asked for otherwise her UC will be suspended. As you are her appointee then it will be your responsibility to make sure you send what they've asked for. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.